DLA change of circumstances

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I'm currently in receipt of dla low mobility,my circumstances changed so told to apply pip ,had my assessment in Dec18 a decision was made 7/02/19 (told by telephone call ) being awarded enhanced care and standard mobility on pip,my dla is due 12/02/19 just wondering when will my payments change.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

It depends when the decision was made on the PIP. Your award letter should tell you when your first payment is due. Usually you'll receive 1 payment of DLA and then your first PIP payment will be 3 weeks after that. Usually first PIP payments are for 3 weeks, then it's 4 weekly after that.

• Posted

Thank you for the reply it's just I read that you only got your first pip payment 8 weeks after the decision, hopefully I'll get my award letter next week as decision was made 07/02/19.

• Posted

DLA is paid 4 weeks in arrears, so you'll most likely receive 1 more payment after the 12th, which will be your final payment for DLA. PIP will be 3 weeks after that.

• Posted

I did not get a payment for a month when I changed over from dla to pip

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.