DLA Claiming

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi,

I have just been diagnosed with Brain Cyst, Pineal granuloma, severe migraine aura & siatica. I was in hospital for a few days there regrading the migraine aura. I am currently in full time employment and was wondering if I came out claiming SSP could I apply for the DLA or would I not be eligible regarding my circumstances.

2 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Not sure but if you apply they can only say no.

Are you aware DLA is changing to PIP?

Sarah

• Posted

It is still DLA in Northern Ireland. Just wondering if someone else had what I have been diagnosed with
    • Posted

Not sure you would have to look this up on Internet. I live in Wales

Sarah

• Posted

Hi Ewing,

You would be eligible under current Government Legislation concerning everything you have mentioned, they are documented on the gov-uk website. If you want I can send you the PDF containing the information. Let me know, I would post the url but the message would go in to moderation.

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

Hi,

Yes please send me the PDF. Do you need my e-mail address

• Posted

No, I'll PM you the URL on here, because of moderation settings.
    • Posted

Northern Ireland comes under UK Legislation at the moment, including DLA, only difference is where you return the applications to claim.
  • Posted

hi there i believe there is some sort of clause if you have been in hospital and try to claim SSP you can apply for DLA if you can prove that  your disability interferes with your work, my husband couldnt get  ssp because hed been in hospital but he did get dla, pnone DWP and they will advise you or go on web www,gov all benefits are explained there. god luck

jayne x

• Posted

Ouch, my daughter had exactly the same thing....wow!!! .I just want to encourage you, she had shocking migraine from the age of three..banging her had against the wall when it woke her in bed...always in hospital..it was that bad....she had a brain scan showed what you have,  professor said it was probably there since birth, and was ok....and to just keep an eye in it...she also had  a lumberpunch to make sure it wasn't leaking etc.....she is doing a PHD  and is a uni lecturer-was a ICU nurse....that's why she bacame one....so only ever experiences migraines when stressed now.....anyway after diagnosis she had brain scans every 3 months for years..then every 6months then yearly..no growth in it at all, then at the age of 19 it had totally disappeared..she still continued to have migraines...especially when she had a period..but they had nothing to do with it the cyst, she is36 now...so please be encouraged..we lived through he'll on earth..over those years nit knowing.... always so stressed at the time of each scan...I live in Australua..so I know nothing about your system, sorry I can't help there about DLA etc..but just wanted to encourage you..be blessed..have a lovely day..:-)xx
  • Posted

Contact fightback4justice they will help you get your form filled in best of luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.