Dla first claim for my son

Posted , 4 users are following.

I sent my sons form on the 17th off October, I didnt send this recorded delivery as I wasnt aware to do so, I just sent it with the envelope they provided,however I called up on Friday to see if they had recieved it yet and they have told me no nothing with my son name had been scanned on the system yet,I know they say upto 41 days to hear back but surely after nearly 2 and a half weeks they should have got it by now ? get they have back logs etc. but still now they are telling me they will need to send a new one out as its possible it's been lost in the post has any one else had the same issue? I think they are just pretending so they dont need to back date it ? as it was a phone form to be sent out so goes by the date you phone for the form to be sent out, I never took photo copies just copy off it on my phone,anyone tell me if it's a possibility that it could still be lying there to be scanned on ? known my luck I will need to do a new one. thanks

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I had the same problem with my pip forms, they were eventually scanned on to the system after a delay of 5 weeks, its frustrating but you just need to be patient, good luck

• Posted

nicola thanks for your reply I'm hoping it I's just a back log and not a missing form dont think I have the energy to go through it again so many questions to go through lol fingers crossed its just back log thanks again

• Posted

Hi,

DWP have massive backlogs of post, so i heard and this is causing huge delays with forms etc being added to the system and it's not classed as arriving until it's been added to the computer.

You were right not to send it by recorded delivery because this doens't mean it's been received by DWP. All it means is it's been signed for by someone from Royal Mail sorting office. Which is complete waste of money. All you need is proof of posting, which is free.

The do give 14 days extension to return the forms, if you haven't requested this then ring again to request it and hopefully by the end of that they will have received it.

• Posted

thanks for your reply denise I can confirm they have now received it and has been scanned on the system just a matter off waiting for a decision now could be weeks I'm guessing with the back log lol also could you tell me if you know do kids go for face to face ? he is 8 or do they make the decision on the form and info they have ? I sent a good bit off paperwork regarding his condition etc. thanks.x

• Posted

You're welcome. No children do not attend any face to face assessments, the decision will be based on the form you filled in and evidence you sent.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.