DLA for children

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello could anyone tell me please  whether if you get dla for a child whether you will continue to get it whilst waiting for decision.I  have been asked by someone with a child who has disabilities and they are putting in a new form as it is up for review.Any help welcome.Thank you.biggrin

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

If they already have a DLA award then yes of course they'll continue to get payments until a decision has been made.

• Posted

Thank you Denise.Also would you know how someone does a mandatory reconsideration as someone has gone from enhanced to standard on both. Thank you.
    • Posted

Enhanced to Standard? there's no such award for that with DLA. Is it DLA or PIP? DLA is only for children under 16 now and has awards of low, mid, high for both. Either way they'll need to ring and tell them they want the MR then put it in writing sending more evidence to support them. They only have 1 month from the date on the decision letter to get this in.

• Posted

Sorry that was for pip.The second part I was asking about.
    • Posted

The 2nd part of what? sorry you've completely lost me but the MR info is in my other post.

• Posted

Hi Denise I meant for an adult on pip who has gone from enhanced to standard on both who wants to ask for mandatory reconsideration.
    • Posted

Ah ok then yes info still as above. A copy of the assessment report will help for the MR too, so get them to ring to ask for a copy of this if they haven't already. If they have a motobility car this will have to be returned and motobility will contact them regarding this. 65% of MR decisions remain the same so they may have to take it to Tribunal. If they do eventually get Enhanced mobility then they'd be able to have a car again of course. Hope this helps.

• Posted

Hi Denise yes that is really helpful thank you very much.Will let them know that.biggrin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.