Dla for my son

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi guys wonder if yous can assist I've just called dla and I've been told my son (8 years ) has been awarded dla I'm all new to this and looking for some info I've been told by a few people who which have dla for them kids and they have all been awarded until there kid turns 16 and needs to apply for pip I dont know if I picked lady up wrong on phone but I'm positive she gave me an end date ? would this be right ? as I've been told that kids who get awarded get it for the childhood lifes basically? I'm just curious about this as you know what word off mouth of like lol thanks.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

There will most likely be an end date and it will tell you this when you receive the decision letter. You will be contacted closer to the end date and then you'll need to fill out another form and apply just as you did this time. Length of awards do vary wildly. It would be very unlikely for him to have an indefinite award if this is your first time applying for him.

When he does reach 16 then he will be invited to apply for PIP but that's many years down the line.

You may also be entitled to other benefits, depending on what award he's received.

• Posted

thanks for reply yes first time applying but condition for life so thats why I was asking about the length off award as I was told it was until they reach 16 but could all be word of mouth and every child is different but I just assumed but hearing that kids get it until 16.

• Posted

Not all children receive an award until they are 16 and a lot of children have conditions for life. I'm afraid what you've been told is incorrect. As i advised, once you receive the decision letter it will tell you on there the length of the award.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.