DLA - For PE and Factor V Leiden

Posted , 3 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

I had a massive PE in August last year and recovered well after being on warfarin for 6 months .... not long after I found out that they did some screening tests on me and found that I have a condition called Factor V Leiden which is a blood clotting disorder ...... im not sure but asking for some advice whether I am able to claim DLA of this condition. I currently get DLA due to my hearing disability but needing to know whether its worth contacting them to let them know of this condition?

0 likes, 4 replies


4 Replies

  • Posted

    Hi Michelle hope your well this morning,

    I really don't know anything about benefits so really sorry I can't help you but noticed you have DLA for hearing loss?

    I've lost 60% of my hearing and wear 2 hearing aids I have a disabled bus and train pass and my friends who are in good health keep telling me to claim DLA but I work full time and didn't think I was entitled to claim,

    Would you know anything about this please

    I hope someone in here can shed some light for you.

    Gentle hugs Leona

    • Posted

      hi there, im new to this P I P and D L A, but what i do know is that you can still claim DLA in certain cases if you work , you can also get working tax credit and theĀ  DLA is not added on when calculating income. good luck
    • Posted

      Hi Leona,

      I have been hearing imparied since i was 5 years old as its a genetic condition in my family .... I have had DLA since i was a child and have still had it whilst in full time employment, am currently self employed now .... yes as far as I know you would beable to claim DLA as I have known others that have got it.

      My youngest child has had hearing loss since December 2013 and I claim for her in August 2014 and she was awarded it.

      All you have to do is phone the helpline on 0345 712 3456 and explain your disability and then they should send out the forms for you to fill in so that you can claim for it and then they will let you know whether you are entitled or not.

      Hope this helps


    • Posted

      Hi Michelle, thank you so much for your advice I will try and see what they say,

      Thank you so much for the number as I wouldn't of known where to start

      I will keep you informed.

      Hugs x


Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up