DLA Indefinite to PIP?

Posted , 72 users are following.

Hi,

I am on the high Mobility and Care Rates of DLA, but what happens when I am changed to PIP?

I have seen many people mention they are on PIP and it has been awarded for 3 years, and spoken to one person and she was granted PIP Award for 10 years.

Does this mean the 'Indefinite' period of DLA will not exist under the new PIP Allowance.

I recently had my annual letter stating DLA Care and Mobility, both on High Rates are 'indefinite'.

To me that makes no sense whatsoever, 'indefinite' means 'indefinite', not 3 or 10 years!

I would be interested if someone could answer this question and explain why people are only getting 3 or 10 year awards. rolleyes

Regards,

Les.

Regards,

Les.

4 likes, 167 replies

167 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Id be intrigued to know the answer as I am on DLA indefinetly
    • Posted

Sadly many who have had indefinite claims have ether had them stopped or reduced, once on pip there s no such thing as indefinite. In reality the pip claim will go well if yr medical evidence supports it and the health care professionals for pip don't talk 💩. The amounts of lies and assumptions they make, there's been so many complaints about them. Depending on yr condition u can request a home visit make sure you have s friend or family member taking notes and mention I will be making a request for a copy of the medical notes, taking at the assessment. If yr not well enough to do any physical examination. State sorry iam not well enough and in to much pain. The so called professionals seem to think if u can sit and lift yr foot of the floor u can climb a mountain assumptions all round honestly. Good luck

• Posted

Hi Les could you give me details to who i can contact so someone can come with me 
  • Posted

Hi Les

I believe it is to do with age.  After a certain age (not sure if its around 60) if your on indefinate DLA you will stay on it, but if your under the age it has to change to PIP.  My son and I have just had a huge battle over it as due to turning 16 he had to re apply in his own right under the new PIP policy which he was denied.  Eventually after a written appeal and then a tribunal they finally reversed their decision and he had a much lower rate pip awarded but only for 2 years.  If you do have to re apply to PIP and you are declined it you just have to battle it out as i believe they are declining the majority of applications in the hope that they'll not bother contesting it. 

Good luck.

• Posted

The age for pip is between 16 & 65 ,if you where over 65 after a certain date you stay on DLAif after that date new claims will be treated as Attendance Allowance (so i've been led to believe)

Under 16s being claimed for by parent / guardian is DLA

• Posted

I think u qualify if you were born before a certain date 1948 for the indefinite one to be indefinite, I may be wrong but think I heard this
  • Posted

Hi les 

need your help

after reconsideration dwp did not change their decision I have to appeal 

so I might need the team who help fill in necessary forms

thank you 

ben

• Posted

Could you please give me the details of the team who can assist with DLA/PIP advice, info, forms, interviews etc.  you mentioned they have 95% success rate and £1 donation request to cover their services.

thanks.

• Posted

I do not have time to read 57 replies but I presume you are told indefinite actually mean not definite, apparently!  I was awarded DLA mobility "for life" before it changed to indefinite and I was so confident it would be maintained under PIP I volunteered to switch early and after a protracted PIP process including a spooky face-to-face medical, 2 days ago I was informed that my higher rate Mobility is stopped entirely in 2 weeks time.  It is my opinion that the orthopedics dept @ hospital colluded by stating my spine was fine despite several past reports stating the opposite and they failed to mention I had undergone spinal surgery 3 times, shocking affair.  The problem is I was not prepared to guild the liily and I admitted that at times I can mange short walks but more often than not I am housebound and they removed it.   I am (evidentially) fairly sure "members of communities" are being informed who is claiming mobility to encourage unrest so I prefer to be poor than ill with anxiety so they can shove the benefit were the sun don't shine.  Ironically I should have been awarded Mobility due to issues surrounding isloation and anxiety as I suffer from severe cobat related PTSD too but they ignored that medical evidence too.  Its become a cruel country and it will only get worse after Brexit.

• Posted

I have read about these changes, I am not on any benefit but cant work due to sciatic severe pain currently, so I decided to apply for PIP, I was told it takes them 16weeks to go through before I will even hear anything, I already tried for a freedom pass to help me with public transport costs to and from hospitals but they failed me on this. Because I could walk a few steps without collapsing on the floor or passing out they failed me. some rules attached to these benefits is so stupid, for example to get a freedom pass you can if you have no arms, so how are they supposed to hold the pass then. If you are in a wheelchair, not all stations has disabled access and sure they just offer this at the worse possible situation for a person as they know they will be far to sick to even use it. I completed the pip one and sent it back, they did say they get a medical report from my gp which is good, the freedom pass side they dont even bother with that and have no interest in your doctors details for your health. I dont understand why PIP is for a certain amount of years though, a person is not suddenly going to get miraculousy better and a lot of employers do not want to take on sick people as they know they are in to much pain or will have lots of hospital visits. Its just another way to try and shove sick people off benefits.
    • Posted

It's crap , but pip is not work related it's based on care and mobility needs and the criteria for 12 points on pip mobility can be a few things one of u can walk more than 1 meter but less than 20 u should get 12 points. All on DWP will in the next year be moved on to pip wether it was awarded indefinitely or not. Unless under 16 . 65 + goes to attendance allowance which only pays for the care side. Esa is for works means tested. The government are most definitely putting a stop to people's claims altogether or reducing there points. The feed back is that the hcp medical assessment, advisor are trained to make assumptions and do not write the facts or the truth . Have some one take notes ask the assessor name and profession . Ask for a copy of there report . They will tell u they don't make the decision. But realistically they have a massive input as to which way the claim will go via there report . If medical evidence shows nothing has changed or will get worse or you've had to go to tribunal to get yr award. Then they should leave u alone for at least 3 year. If award is successful they also put a review date on as to when the DWP will review ur claim wether it's end date is in site or not. This whole new review policy is an excuse to remove pple s awards . They say it's to prevent back log s when the claims are due to end. Yet they manage to do a review in 8 wks tops . Iam not convinced this is the real reason they brought this in , they are getting rid of dla for adult and moving them to pip as it's probably the only way they can Legally take and indefinite claim away . Just my opinion

• Posted

Hi Les

i realise it's a year since you posted the following, but would really appreciate if you could forward me details x

"I can put you in touch with a team that has a 95% success rate of getting people through DLA/PIP/ESA Assessments, they will even come with you to an Assessment or Appeal, many people use them' 

• Posted

can you also put me intouch with a team that has a 95% success rate of getting people through DLA/PIP/ESA Assessments, they will even come with you to an Assessment or Appeal, many people use them' 

regards

richard

• Posted

if you go on facebook look for 4up they can help 
  • Posted

I have just been awarded PIP (both enhanced rates till 2026)

I am in the final award (august -september 2016) for DLA mobility high / care medium

I know others in the same boat ,

2 Yearly award ... Another 3years .....sometimes you cant even guess

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.