DLA payments

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone.

I have received DLA middle rate and low rate mobility for over nearly 5 years. Due to an accident I only have use of one arm and suffer with depression. Last year I was diagnosed with white spots on the brain then later with multiple sclerosis. I have been re assessed and have had DLA dropped and lost the mobility component. I cannot go out on my own and suffer panic attacks absent seizures. I have trouble walking and lean to the left as items that side the MS has effected. I cannot concentrate and my memory is really bad. I suffer short term memory loss. But the assessor lied and said I could do all sort myself. She didn't put my answers down so made it look as if I was 100%. She said i had no mental health probkems but ive akreadt been referredvto the psychological wellbeing team and have appointment soon. Luckily my mum attended with me. And did some research and found the mandatory reconsideration form. Helped me fill it in and has written her own letter to put in with it.looks and my appointment letter for psychological wellbeing. Just hope it helps. If not I'll appeal. Any advise would be very much appreciated. By the way I've had help with this, as cannot concentrate long enough to finish things. Thanks Mark

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Were you reassessed for PIP? It is PIP now and not DLA. Those already claiming DLA and are under 65 will soon be reasessed for PIP. If you fall in the age bracket then i'm assuming it was PIP. There's really isn't much advice anyone can give you now, other than you just have to wait for decision. Most MR' decision remain the same so be prepared to take it to Appeal Tribunal. Good luck.

• Posted

Oh sorry yes I'm only 35. But thanks anyway. Just have to see how it goes. It was PIP I was on. It had changed from DLA last year.

• Posted

Yes i thought it may have been PIP. There really isn't anything you can do at this stage but wait for the MR decision. Good luck.

• Posted

Many people can have the decision changed after a mandatory reconsideration so there is hope. It is not factual saying not many are changed. But if it isn't then certainly go to tribunal. My DLA was upped via a phone call MR. She was lovely on phone and I was awarded high rate. Now for the PIP battle xx

• Posted

No, most MR decisions do remain the same with a lot of people having to take it to appeal tribunal. You maybe talking about the DLA days but this certainly isn't the case with PIP. I'm sure most people would agree with me here. Good luck with your PIP.

• Posted

Hello Mark,

My wifes assessor lied too and my wife is seeing a psychological wellbeing. My wife is having to appeal againts the assessor report.

• Posted

My mum sent in THE MR form with her own letter. I also have an assessment for my ESA this week. But will take evidence with me. Hope all goes well for your wife.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.