Dla stopped ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Had ennuak Dla letter enchanted both for indefinite two weeks later Dla is stripping and pips forms arrived today ..does that mean they have now stopped my Dla as this pips form is a new claim , it's so confusing I am in its here already waiting for mental health app ...without my physical disabilities ...this is so cruel to people ..the lady was horrid in the phone as they only gave me three weeks to fill forms in an the deadline was a after my welfare rights  can come out t help me ..made me. Feel like a criminal asking for an extension ..

so now they have stopped my Dla ...that means my EESA will now stop I really can't cope with all these forms ...

how long after  they go in do they contact t you with f2f please 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mandy,

Has you DLA stopped now? Sorry trying to understand your post. Your DLA should only have stopped if you failed to return the PIP form within the time stated. If you asked for an extention of time before the deadline you should be fine. Providing you return those forms before the time. If you DLA has already stopped then it would be because you didn't return those forms.

Evidence can be anything from a letter from your GP to consutltant reports, Occupational Therapist reports, MRI scans, a diary written by yourself explaining the difficulties you have daily, a letter from someone that knows you well, carers plan anything really. PIP isn't award based on a diagnosis it's awarded based on the difficulties in daily life. Sadly an indefinite DLA award means nothing now.

Your ESA won't stop the only thing that will stop if your DLA has stopped is any premiums like Severe Disability Premium.

Length of time after you send the form back depends on where in the country you are. Very few people manange to have a paper based decision so you'll most likely be asked to attend an assessment. This could be weeks or even months. Then the decision after this could be anything from 1-8 weeks sometimes more.

CAB are very good at helping to fill those forms in maybe you can ring them for an appointment? Please send in as much evidence as possible to support your claim because they mostly don't contact any medical proffessional for any evidence. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi Denise ...

thank you for all all your advice ..I have just checked the original pips letter and yes benefit will still be paid as long as my form is in on time ...

Thank you for all the other information ..I will read it all up later 

• Posted

If you think you can't get the PIP form returned within the time then please ring and ask for a extra time. They'll gladly give you this and your DLA will still continue.

• Posted

Thank you they have given me two weeks extention ...

how do get get detailed reports for them please 

x

• Posted

When i sent my evidence off for PIP i already had it at home. When i attend any hospital appointment i always get sent a copy of the letter that's sent to my GP. If you don't have anything and it really should be less than 2 years old, you can ask your GP if he has any although there maybe a charge for this.

• Posted

Also when filling out the forms for PIP you should put down as much detail about how your disability affects your daily life. Don't just answer the questions with a yes or no. Do you have help to fill out those forms? they're quite complex.

• Posted

Your DLA will not be stopped. You will fill the form, send it off and perhaps call for a face-to-face. If you are successful then your DLA will change to pip. They should allow you extra time especially if you are waiting for someone to help you. Hope it goes well for you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.