dla to pip

Posted , 20 users are following.

Hi All,

I am reaching 66 in two months.. I have been on middle rate care and high rate mobility for 3 years now. My award was indefinite and I know that I could be contacted anytime now for reassessment and pip. My question is, how successful have others been once called in for dla to pip awards at this age group.

We keep hearing about working age groups being forced into work and losing their dla/pip benefits, how many retired and disabled people are suffering a simular fate?

If I lose my high mobility then like so many otbers here it will be several nails lining up to go in my coffin-what an absolute criminal way to treat innocent, lawabiding and vunerable citizens.

THEY WOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO TREAT PRISONERS IN THE SAME WAY, they are innocent until proved guilty, we are guilty and have to prove we are innocent.

0 likes, 38 replies

38 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi mike , I was getting DLA for 10 years due to an arthritic condition , , when time came for me to be interviewed for pip I was turned down . So be very careful how you answer the questions , I've since got worse and am not receiving any money , I'm thinking about applying again , good luck . Oh and if they ask you to stand on one leg don't do it because if you can do that you can work ! 

• Posted

Hi Dawn,

It's been 2 years since this thread was started so it's doubtful that you'll receive a reply.

As for your PIP refusal, you can't be found fit for work for PIP or be told that you can work because PIP has nothing to do with working. People claim PIP and work.

Did you ask for the Mandatory Reconsideration? Then Tribunal if that wasn't successful? Did you also send in evidence to support your claim? They very rarely contact anyone for evidence, the onus is on you to make sure you send this in with your form.

If you didn't ask for the MR then Tribunal then you can try re-applying. There's no timescales to the amount of time you leave it before trying again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.