DLA to PIP

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

i got my call from Capita yesterday and they wanted me to go to a f2f but due to my severe mental health and physical disabilities i asked for a home visit.  The woman on the phone said, "but you go out on a daily basis, don't you?"  As if i could!  I don't know what she was thinking of, but she agreed to me having a home visit.

However, due to my mental health i don't let anyone into my home and i don't have anyone to be with me.  I haven't lived here long and don't know my medical team well at all.  I am so worried. 

Any suggestions please as to discuss my actual health would appall the average person and i don't want to embarrass myself.

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I agree with michael.  I had my f2f 3 weeks ago and the nurse just basically asked me the same questions I answered on the pip form.  It lasted just 30 minutes too and wasn't half as bad as I had expected.  She was very symathetic infact so dont worry too much x

• Posted

They are more interested in how you manage daily activities such as dressing, cooking, going out etc than your medical condition.
  • Posted

When i attended ESA assessment i had a social worker from my local Mental Health Team , my PIP assessment i was told it would be home visit without me even asking for home visit , that one i coped with on my own , could you not ask your medical team to help - tell your concerns , good luck xx
  • Posted

Thanks for your responses.  I'm just so worked up about this, and the woman on the phones was rather aggressive with me too.  I'm still worried about her assumptions that i go out on a daily basis.  I just find it strange that she would say that.

• Posted

Only you know the facts about your activities . What she said was just an assumption. They may try to catch you out, or trick you. But just stick to what you put on the form. And make sure that you are not persuaded to change any of your facts.
    • Posted

I agree with Michael again - the nurse who assessed me just basically asked me to confirm what I had answered on my form.  I think they do this to see if you change your answers and trip up.  Really try not to worry too much.  
    • Posted

thanks both, i hope they just go over the questions with me.  I am worried i'm going to be dealt with by their worst bully.  Just me being paranoid i suppose.  I shall try and keep cheerful and thanks for responding so fast.  it is a help.

• Posted

Well my assessor was really kind and sympathetic and my assessment was not bad at all - and once it was over I was so relieved and slept well that night!
    • Posted

I bet you did, just hoping you get the result you deserve.
    • Posted

I don't want to burst your bubble, but just looking at my DLA history I was originally given MRC & HRM back in 1995 indefinitely (for life). Yet in 1998, 2000, 2002, 2004 & 2011 I had face to face 'reviews' with a 'nice enough sort of person' but in each case the report led to the closing down of my DLA. I had to fight the DWP to get my award back each time and again it was given indefinitely. 

How the assessor seems and appears at the face to face has very little bearing on what they will actually report. No assessor is going to be flat or dismissive - it would only result in tension.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.