DLA to PIP

Posted , 3 users are following.

My son received letter from DWP PIP at the end of July  informing him that his DLA was ending and he should decide whether he wants to apply for PIP.  My son has learning disability and autistic traits and has problems explaining matters and does not like to speak on the phone.  I made his claim for PIP on 1st August, my son had to agree to this.  They asked me if I wanted to become his appointee.  I agreed, but I am also an appointee for my eldest son.  They said there would be no problem and they would send an appointee form out.  To keep this short I have rang the PIP Enquiry line on 4 separate occasions as I have not received the appointee form to fill in.  They have told me that a form was sent on 10th August, second form on 24th August and just on Monday 5th September the PIP Enquiry Line got someone to ring me back.  Someone did but I do not know where they were from, but the PIP Enquiry Line number was on my phone.  He  promised me they would send the Appointee form out first class and I should have it within 2 - 3 days. I asked him to check he address out.  He said it was right address and told me that once they get the form back I would get a visit from someone at my house. Still no sight of the appointee form and  I also have not received the long PIP2 form to fill in.  Has anyone any suggestions which office I can ring or write a letter to complain to because we are not moving forward very quickly and I do not want them to stop paying my son's DLA because of this. I live in the Tyne and Wear area.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Ring your local DWP or go down there explain the situation and you want to be your sins appointee.also phone pip enquiry line and put a official complaint .i went through the same tging but with my partner.also tell them you are going to fill the pip 2 form out on his behalf whilst waiting for the dwp visit to be made your sons appointee
    • Posted

Yes but pip should have requested a home visit from a dwp officer from your local job centre to agree you being able to act 9n your sons behalf.what i did was phoned pip and stated i wanted to put in a formal complaint.the complaints dept c9ntacted me within 24 hrs i explained the situation and they sorted the dwp officer to come out .1st call should be to pip complaints fill out the pip form send a covering letter with copys of medical reports for your son and send them back also on the form request a home visit
    • Posted

I phoned PIP Enquiry Line and got a call back on Monday gone and the guy told me he would send the appointee form out, I had to fill it in, then when they received it they would send someone out for a home visit to see  my son and myself.  Then after all that the Pip2 Form would be sent out, I cannot fill the Pip2 Form out until they send me it.
    • Posted

When you phone pip say you want to put a complaint in .they dont send the form to you to act on your sons behalf they send the request to your nearest dwp office who in turn send you a letter to advise of a home visit to see if they authorize your rrquest.then they have to put it onto their system which takes 10 working days .then you could call pip and if its on there system they will send the pip form .like i said phone pip and state you wish to make a formal complaint this will get the dwp to act faster also ask for pip forms to be sent out so you can have them all filled out .or you could be waiting weeks for the visit then weeks for the form to be sent to you
    • Posted

Thank you for replying Jackie. I understand now what you are saying,  I will ring PIP Enquiry Line and make a complaint and ask for the PIP2 form to be sent to me.  Should I tell them that the request to become an appointee is sent to my local DWP office or will I not bother. Do I still ring my local DWP office.   On the PIP system it says a form was sent out on the 10th August so if this is their request then I have not heard anything.
    • Posted

C9ntact pip put your complaint in .explain about lettets not being received state you are contacting your mp.request complaints contact dwp home team to get an appointment to come out for the assesment to deal with your sons pip request akso you want the pip forns sent out so you are able to complete and send back withhis medical reports due to his dla ending soon so everything is covered
    • Posted

Now now, you are aware that the Regulations state that if the DWP have a record saying that something has been sent out then it is legally deemed to have arrived by the claimant within 48 hours.

If it is not received then that is a problem with the Post OFFice for which the DWP cannot be held liable for.

Been through that scenario and got the T shirt.

Was told many moons ago that a decision notice had been sent out but nothing arrived. I contacted the DWP who basically said to me - tough luck you are out of time to appeal (30 days) So made an application for a late appeal (within 13 months) which was also turned down stating that there were no appeal rights against the refusal to admit a late appeal.

Conversely I sent the DWP two letters within a 30 day period. Contacted them and they said that they had not received them - go complain to the Post Office! That cost me the right to transfer over to PIP from DLA.

• Posted

Update. I spoke too soon.   This morning a brown envelope came for my son.  Enclosed was a PIP.3033 form asking him to fill in the name and address of who he wants to act on his behalf.  Hopefully when they receive this back we will get a visit from an officer.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.