Dla to pip

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi has anyone that is on dla and getting changed over to pip..sent in there medical evidence from when they where awarded dla.....thank you

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

You can ask them to take your DLA file with all the evidence into consideration. Infact if you've already been asked to apply for PIP i'm surprised they didn't already ask you this question. I've heard lots of stories where this is the case. If you were claiming DLA for a long time without a review though then i'd advice you to also send in extra and more up to date evidence.

• Posted

Hi Denise I haven't got the brown letter yet lol but just want to be prepared..I have being dla for 12 years now .it was for indefinite. ....had beeb seeing my CPN for 18 years who came to the house..but he has retired now ...with the new system to only get 6 weeks to see a cpn..which is ridiculous. ...so the last medical evidence that was sent in was a letter from my cpn...also the person that always filled my forms in has retired also ......its live in northern ireland so if anyone knows where is the best place to help with filling forms in...would you please let know. .thank you

• Posted

Hi,

12 years is a long time, i would definitely advice you try to get some more up to date evidence. This can be anything from a letter written by someone that knows you well, to a diary written by yourself. The only thing that they don't treat as evidence is future appointment date/times. If you haven't already done so then please take a look at the PIP descriptors and see which ones apply to you. Your evidence should be based on those descriptors. PIP is totally different to DLA and it's all about how your condition/s affect you daily and not about a diagnosis. When sending in your evidence only send copies, not originals, putting your NI number at the top of everything you send. Leave plenty of time for your forms to arrive. If you return them within the deadline then your DLA payments continue until a decision is made on the PIP.

I'm not in Northern Ireland but i do know Citizens Advice  (CAB) are also available over there. There's also other advice centres that can help, i can't put links here so please just google and it'll tell you. CAB are fantastic at filling out these forms and my advice is to use them. I always use them and they certainly do know how to word it correctly. Hope this helps.

• Posted

Hi I changed last year from DLA to PIP and sent in all new relevant medical evaluations pertinant to my medical conditions in 2017, sending in the same paperwork that you used to apply for your original DLA would not be something that would help you claim PIP with all its new criteria.

Can I ask how old you were when you originally claimed DLA and how long you we're receiving it.

• Posted

Sorry for asking you to repeat the post, your posts didn't appear till after I had sent it.

• Posted

Hi think I was 44 when I first claimed dla.....also I have been on esa for 4 years and still haven't been sent for..maybe they have forgot about me lol

• Posted

Fat chance LOL as I said you need to ask your consultant/GP/OT etc for up to date medical reports and like Denise's has said its no longer about your diagnosis its about how it effects your daily living and care

• Posted

yes i claim ESA. Don't worry they haven't forgotten about you. Here in the UK there was a HUGE backlog and re-assessments were put on hold but they're slowly catching up with people. It maybe the same over there with you. If you're in the Support Group the max amount of time for this before re-assessment is usually 3 years so it's likely there's the same backlog over there. Don't worry about it, they'll catch up at some point. You may find that when you're invited to apply for PIP your ESA50 will arrive at the same time. eek

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.