DLA to PIP

Posted , 5 users are following.

Is anyone else still waiting for the invitation to transfer over? I thought everyone was suppose to be invited by the end of September 2017 has this been extended ? 

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I have just had my home assessment. I was given high rate mobility low rate care DLA undefined and had been on it for ten years. You will get called eventually but don't be in a rush! I am frustrated felt I didn't give a detailed enough answer to questions though did so on application form so when you do make sure you give as detailed answer as you can describing your worst day. Good luck.

• Posted

Meant indefinable sorry shattered!
    • Posted

Hi Blueeyes I get indefinite motability had it for 20 plus years, I do work despite 13 medical conditions and 31 prescribed medications and also get 60% industrial injuries awarded for

Life ( had this for 27 years it was reviewed periodically and this year awarded for life)  , I’m in no rush! Just wondered why I’ve not been contacted yet. And wondered if anyone else was still Waiting but no news is good news I suppose x 

• Posted

Hi..yes I'm still waiting also....don't know if it depends where live or not lol.....I'm in northern ireland. ...not looking forward to it ..

• Posted

Thanks  Billyjay, you and me then smile I’m

Southern England. Nope I’m not either I think the fact that I work will be held against me and I’ll lose the car and without the car I can’t work,  catch 22! Been in hospital 3 times this year so far and 11 weeks off work so it’s a struggle

To keep working and the car helps me

To do that it’s automatic which I need but suppose I’ll just have to wait and see! Good luck! X 

• Posted

Good luck to you also lol think we are going to need ....I have been seeing my cpn...fro 17 years...he is now retired....was referred to another one...they have retired also. ...do refered me to see a councillor. ..but you only get 6 weeks of this .....so I'm just wondering would I be able to get the hold of my. Cpn.....medical report they sent in about me a few years ago lol .

• Posted

Hi,

Yes, it was supposed to have been September this year but like with everything DWP do there's a massive backlog and it's now looking like it could be another year before everyone is finally invited.

What you can do is start to do some research about PIP because it's totally different to what DLA was. You could gather some evidence because you'll need this also. PIP is about how your conditions affect you daily. Have a look at those PIP descriptors, sorry links can't be posted. There's also a PIP test you can do online, just google "pip test" this will give you some idea. It is very stress but there's 100s maybe even 1000s who are still yet to be invited.

• Posted

Hi Denise I’m fully researched and prepared after previous battles over industrial injuries award 27 years ago where I represented myself in a higher tier tribunal against the Secretary of State and won and again this year when I was due a review and found they had lost all 27 years worth of my case file and were just going to stop my IIB until they rebuilt my file they backed down after I complained and rushed a medical through and awarded now for life. 

I have all my evidence ready and just add to it now ( ie 3 hospital admissions this year) I’m so prepared! 

• Posted

I’m Hampshire too Mike and totally agree with you, I fought 8 years through tribunals with the CSA and a self employed builder ex who got nil assessment after nil assessment from the CSA  and eventually after a lot of research myself got a case together on deprivation of income and won after eventually going to the children’s commission level tribunal appeal. So yes I’m pretty savvy on DWP laws and researching my case and arguments and wording appeals, but a lot will be blinded by the forms and terms and conditions, expert help through CAB etc needs to be more readily available. But sadly I think the DWP rely on people giving up. 
  • Posted

Hi, I live in the South, Hampshire, and am yet to be contacted re. DLA-PIP.

As has been stated many times preparation is the key, getting medical records, fitting the descriptors to your ailments etc.etc.

Fair enough if your mentally capable, but what about those who are not as mentally capable? Must be a fair few thousand that will lose out simply because they cannot fathom out the terms and conditions of PIP.

Could this eventually lead to an elitist success story for claimants who get what they are entitled to at the cost to those who are unable to fill out the descriptors accordingly.

Mike.

• Posted

Hi Mike. Thanks for replying. Yes you are quite right there is a two tier system being grown with pip. The availability of people to assist like cab's has been diminished thru lack of funding and unless someone has experience like myself (I completed many such forms in my ex career) they are really disadvantaged it is so not right!! The assessor asked me how I managed to complete the form as if to say if you can do that you are quite capable! I said it took me 6 weeks I had to ask for extension and it left me exhausted, so even doing this is being scrutinised. We have finally been forced to live in the world of 1984 I think!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.