DLA to PIP assessment,advice needed?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all,

I`ve been on ESA(group where you do not seek work) since 2012. I`m also on DLA indefinately-high rate care low mobility. I was asked make a claim for PIP, I filled my questionaire in,and I had my ATOS assessment 3 days ago.

I have a mental disorder which I`ve had for 15 years. My brother attended my recent PIP assessment. He suggested the assessor did not ask me the questions correctly. He said the assessor asked me" can you sit on the toilet unaided? " I answered yes. He told me later, I will instantly get zero points for that question. I did not get a chance to elaborate on the question, and explain my difficulties and the help I need,as I have frequent bladder problems due to my paraniod schizrophenia. The assessor did this with 2 other questions,the face to face question and communicating with other people. I sometimes struggle to respond,and she moved straight to the next question. Also my brother told me,she did not ask me the mobility question"planning a journey" At the start of the assessment,the assessor pressed me about self harming,and I was so stressed I had to leave the room to be consoled by my brother. I answered most of the questions best I could,and probably did ok but very stressed.

Now I`m waiting for my answer from PIP to see if I get it. Could anybody please advise me, is it a good idea to write to the ATOS centr,and the DWP PIP section regarding my concerns about my ATOS interview,and that I the assessor did not ask me the questions in the right way and feel I may lose vital points when PIP mke a decision on my claim.

I would be very grateful for any other advice too, regarding my situation of DLA indefinately moving to PIP.

Thank you all very much,

Lee  

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi lee25223,

You have as much chance as any other genuine claimant depending on how you present yourself. If you do not get any PIP awards then you should appeal anyway, if you feel you are entitled, on the other hand if you get less than you feel you should it could lead to"rocking the boat". In my humble opinion, if you get nothing ,,appeal if you think you should get something, but, try to get a social or care worker involved who may be able to sort out your grounds for appeal and therefore possibly a more positive result. On the other hand as I wrote earlier, if you get an award then think very hard before you take any action.

• Posted

Lee as Mike said best to wait for the PIP result before complaining, after all your perception of what happened might be wrong and you have scored enough points to get PIP benefit,

If you don't get enough points then appeal, go and see your local CAB or Welfare Rights Officer.

• Posted

I would say yes you should report how incompetent you felt the assessment was carried out. I rang ATOS to report the assessors name hopefully she will be sacked!! Before she ruins other people's lives

I have just done exactly this. You can ask the assessors name and a copy of their report. I discovered that the assessor had made over twenty blatant mistakes so I have highlighted them all with a red star and sent his back for appeal as I was genuinely awarded two years on enhanced rate with 16 points then due to the lies and mistakes from an utterly unprofessional and incompetent illogical reassessment got 7points so wait for a decision.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.