Dla to pip don't want to claim

Posted , 9 users are following.

I've just received my dla is ending so apply for pip letter, I can't take any more worry so don't want to claim, lost parents and brother over last few months, can't take the stress, does anybody know what they ask when you tell them you don't want claim

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi, first i need to say sorry for your losses, I,m sure the last thing you need is more stress.  If your illness has got better, just right on form no longer wish to claim, they will be delighted, I,m sure.  If your illness has not gone away, get the forms, and get help from citizens advice to fill the forms in, if your prepared to loose it by not applying, aply, then forget it, dont worry about the decission, just take it as it comes. Good luck for the future x

• Posted

Hi, sorry about your lost..all what you need to do its ignore the letter but if you are getting esa ,the money will not be a same ,they will take around 70 pounds a week , my opinion apply for it they may accpt . And I know the feeling and the stress ,but you have nothing to lose 
  • Posted

Hello Angela,

I'm so sorry, you have been through so much with losing both parents and brother over such a short time, no wonder you are so stressed.  

I can understand that you don't feel as if you can take any more, but do you think you could apply for PIP with help from CAB or a friend.  It may be that having a word with your GP may also be beneficial, they might be able to suggest something to help you feel a little less stressed.  Big Hugs x

• Posted

Thanks to everyone who answered my post, I really can't cope with the form filling and medical so think I'm going to have to accept the losses, I was just wondering what they asked when I tell them I don't want to claim, I'm still at the crying at the mention of what's happened lately so I'm just hoping they won't ask too much

• Posted

You don't have to tell them you're not going to claim PIP. Just don't do anything and your DLA will just automatically stop by the date on the letter. They'll send you a letter confirming your last DLA payment and that's it. No need to ring them to tell them you're not going to claim PIP.

• Posted

If you tell them you do t want to claim PIP. I am sure your DLA will eventually stop. Can you afford to be without your benefits. It is stressful + I am waiting for my tribunal date. But am prepared to fight for what I am entitled to. Please don't give up. Your obviously entitled to benefits. Gather as much evidence as you can and get them to copy it at your assessment. Let them know how your disabilities effect your daily living. Don't let this wear you did. Good luck

Msrk

• Posted

I'm sorry for your losses. If you decide you don't want to claim PIP there's no need to do anything, then your DLA will stop by the date stated on the letter.

Please do have a think abou this though as you have nothing to lose by applying. All you have to do is ring the number to start your claim off then they'll send you the PIP2 form. Ring CAB for help in filling this out because it's very complex. You'll need evidence to support your claim which you can send with the form (always better to do this just incase they don't copy what you give them during the assessment) It's stressfull i won't lie but worth it because you never know a decision may go in your favour. If you decide you don't want to claim any premiums you're recieving because of your DLA will also stop. So if someone's claiming Carers Allowance for you or you're claim Severe Disability Premium these will stop when your DLA stops. Good luck what ever you decide.

• Posted

Hello Angela,  Please don't give up on the claim for PIP.  There are many people who can help you make the claim.  If you decide not to claim PIP your DLA will stop & that will be a lot of money to lose.   Sorry to hear of your loss.  There are lovely people on this site who will be only too happy to help you.  Take care.   smile

• Posted

Hi Angela,

My deepest sympathies at your recent losses.

Your plight at having this letter come through at this time has bowled you over.

Please see if your local welfare officer can help. Yours is a different case to most others and you need help, get it.

Losing your family so quickly is your main concern at the moment, in six months time you may be in a different position and may need those benefits.

Mike.

• Posted

Thanks for your kind words, I can't go through with the form and medical, to be honest I can't take any more, not sleeping or eating, blood pressure through the roof, I'm thinking of getting some bereavement counselling as I have no friends to talk to, then maybe try a new claim when I'm feeling stronger, I would like to say though everyone on here has been so kind and helpful, thanks to everyone

• Posted

Thinking of you. Stay strong. See your GP who im sure will help ut you in touch with the right service's. And please visit site if your feeling down. As people on here are very kind and supportive.

Mark XX

• Posted

Keep strong Angela, there is always someone on here to talk to.  Please see your GP to arrange some counselling and why not mention the PIP application whilst you are there.  Take care of yourself x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.