DLA to PIP .....help

Posted , 4 users are following.

So worried about this change to pip ....anyone been successful....

0 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi have u applied yet??
    • Posted

I received a letter last month saying I'm on dla for another 2yrs.. when your forms come get intouch with advocacy. .what ever u do dnt fill it out yourself .. that's the best chance of u getting pip . Do u still see a phyciatrist?

• Posted

Have a CPN fortnightly or monthly depending on moods .....been on dla since 2009 ....unable to work
    • Posted

You will be fine then no need to worry .. I think your cpn will be able to fill your forms in too 😊
  • Posted

If you go to Citizens advice, they will help you fill it out and tell you the best way to go about it and be successful.
  • Posted

I was never on DLA but straight on PIP got this for 2 years with Bi polar just waiting for my decision now dreading it they take forever shouldn't have to be like this, did you get it on DLA

• Posted

Dif you have someone filling your forms in for you? How long have you been waiting?
    • Posted

Did them myself got a text 2 weeks ago saying it gone to the decision makers I haven't been for an assessment though to be honest its only about 7 weeks so that's not that long some people wait 6 months or more

• Posted

Oh my really. Well good luck I hope your successful ??when you.d apply for dla it got back dated .. bt I believe pip doesn't do that ??

• Posted

Had DLA SINCE 2009..............This carry on with the PIP IS MAKING ME EXTREMELY LOW ..........
    • Posted

Really mags don't worry.. a couple of months ago it came on my fb from the government I read people's comments n it made me really ill so I no where ur coming from.. I got intouch with advocacy after the weekend who told me not to worry at all. Then my hv came round she sees lots of women with mental health problems she said alot of them arnt seeing any help & still got pip ..so try & put it at the back of your mind .. get intouch with your cpn tell her it's making you really ill & anxious .. I'm sure she will be able to do your forms & right a note with it ..

• Posted

its awful trying to switch off ...only did the phone call yesterday for the forms ....depressive ..anxiety ..........made an oppointment with my CPN for the 3rd .........Advocacy .....i,ve googled it but unsure what you mean and who .............thanks for your support to a total stranger ........
    • Posted

Yer I no what u mean it was the longest weekend of my life with ni sleep worrying waiting for Monday morning to ring them.. u don't need to worry about advocacy with having a cpn. There just like cit advice people bt it makes a big difference having someone professional filling the forms . No problem I'm glad to help..I no how much its unsettling. . My dla runs my car if I didn't get it then I'd never leave the house. .. let me no how u get on ??

• Posted

Thanks ... i understand the never leaving the house ............if i could live my life indoors i would .................do you work ....personal, but i feel i,m the only person in the world suffering ...glad i came across this site ...helping me so much ......
    • Posted

Iv worked all my life .. say the past 1 5yrs in the same place ..just a local take away .. when I'm ill they have an understanding. .but it changed hands &;new staff came in.. young 1s are very lazy want to be your favourite ect.. I'm not like that I go to work for peace of mind to stop me becoming a full time recluse. . Well I got sacked for bullying over a year ago.. couldn't believe it . I went down hill from there & dnt leave the house now unless I really have too ..& then il cancel appointments because I feel I cnt leave ..

it does help alot this site..I found it by accident because of how I'll mirtazapine was making me ..

• Posted

Sorry to jump in, just wondered on what happend with your Mirtazapine and what you now take? I tried to come off it but started to feel ill when doing so.... The recluse thing really is a problem when there is nothing to do, there is a really good volunteering site where you get to do what interests you. Its kinda nerve racking getting back to civilisation, but you just sink lower staying in....just seeing if I can find the name of that site...
    • Posted

Hi pistal no problem ?? I was on mirt for about 5 months I think 30mg. I got so I'll. My horrible pdr told me to come straight off them which I did.. I just felt really off my face at night around the time I took them ..I also took zopiclone to help me sleep .2 weeks later I went on to venlafaxine. .she wanted me to go on them straight away bt I felt I needed a break after what the mirt did.. my gp was so shocked she did t tell me to taper. So now I'm on 225mg venlafaxine. .many feel it's a wonder drug .iv been on it over 4months & I'm still waiting..I think mirt has done alot of damage stopping me from getting well. I'm so tired I get to sleep around 4-5am every day .. then up early with my boy.. I have zopiclone bt won't take it until all the time ..il have maybe 3-4 days a week without a propa sleep.. I wanted to go on citrolpram but she wouldn't let me.. prob 1 of the more expensive drugs

• Posted

Yeah, I'm on 30mg Mirt, 700mg Pregab, 225mg venla (think you and I are takin the max dose they are licenced to give) and 375mg Quetiapine. I feel I'm taking to much but don't feel to good when they change it, massive lows and shakes. I wish there was just one fantastic pill, or a procedure where they can just scoop out the bad bits of Brain. wink

• Posted

Oh my gosh Yeh me too.. Iv never known people to take so many diff pills since joining this.. my pdr tried to tell me that I shouldn't need a ad with lithium. . I just think money savers all the time .. the older the pdr is .. worse they are. What's pregab?? .Yer I used to get the shakes but only now if I need to take them. How do you find quetiapine with weight gain?? I found that pill good bt the weight was a problem .. so a kind trainee noticed how depressed it made me n changes me to lithium. ??

• Posted

Tried Zopiclone but only enough for 7 days, I was told it stops working if you take it all the time, and its addictive, I if I had my way, I would have a non stop supply of Diazipam, nothing matters if i take enough of that. Have You and Maggs sorted out the claim situation?

• Posted

Yrs if u take it all the time I believe so.. Iv been taking it for about 5 months .. Theyv started me on 7.5mg I don't no why.. for the last 2 months iv been on 3.75mg on my request they work just aswel. I get 14tablets a month & make them last ..Iv had insomnia for years on n off.. I think having the pills handy makes me feel safe that I have them..

Iv never had diazapam.

I don't need to claim yet ..I got a letter saying in 2 years . So now I'm trying to not spend ..I go through stages of spending and it's bad nearly got a car in hp last week..how I'd pay for it if the dla stopped I dnt no. Thankgod I little to sence ..

• Posted

Pregabalin (or Lyrica), is for anxiety and more controlled brain function, I think they also use it to treat Epilepsy.
    • Posted

Retail Therapy, Its crazy how one battle with yourself if you really need to buy it? And then you just buy it so you don't have to think about buying it.......annoying how thing ping pong around your head.

• Posted

It sure is .. people think it's a kind of happiness in your life because you don't have any & once you find true happiness the shopping will stop.. I'm not to sure.. I was so happy when I had my son my shopping went more out of control ????

• Posted

My new obsession is a french bulldog pup.. nearly been ripped off twice..thankfully I ask the right questions. .they do 1 then
    • Posted

Hi pistal666...i have a none stop supply of diazipam ......don,t understand the meaning of using it low for a lift high for calming effect ......i,m also on quetiapene 500mg at night with 200 mg carbemazipene .....if left alone I sleep 12 hours a night ....great sleep...200mg carbemazipene on a morning ...beginning to think I,m on too much quetipene takes me forever to awake and get out of a depressive state ....my highs are disappearing.. ..DLA...PIP...taking my forms to my CPN to fill in .....
    • Posted

Hi Maggs razz I think it's difficult to find the right balance of Drugs. If only the illness followed a strict regime and we could medicate accordingly. But I think thats a long way off. So kinda putting up with it is the best we can hope for now. After going through a long period of lows, you welcome any sort of stability in your mood. But when you have the "Normal" life problems (finance, bills, paperwork) on top of that, thats pilled up through your low period, even the times you feel a bit better are a bit low. It's all a bit pants really......So....what do we do about it? I would love there to be some kind of social group for people like ourselves, the kind of people that would understand if you never turned up on week, or if you seemed a bit off, maybe meeting people that respect how others may feel, whilst going out and having a laughPeople with drug and alcohol problems have their little parties, and so do round people, where can we meet? Who can we have a chat with and share ideas and coping mechanisms with? Not to mention pulling together a little and maybe making eachothers lives a little more fun and manageable. I know we have this wonderful forum, but it's just not the same. Blah blah blah.......Or we could just see what Tomorrow brings.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.