DLA to PIP.....ifeel sick with anxiety

Posted , 5 users are following.

Got my PIP form back from cpn ...of which he filled in for me BI Polar disorder....i feel like I need to add more explaining...or maybe its just me being anxious just as there's space for more I feel like being more indepth ....wrong or right ...my heads all over the place .....so so difficult but easy its only a form ...help what do I do ....i,m in a depressive state at the moment not manic ....

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Posted

I haven't filled in a PIP form - I didn't do the transfer from DLA to PIP.

However I was on DLA from 1995 to 2004 and from 2011 to 2016.

In all of that time I filled in 7 claim forms for re-assessment.

For everyone I just ticked the relevant boxes so to speak. 

Unfortunately I had to go to appeal for all seven. For all of them they awarded me HRM & MRC just days before the hearings.

• Posted

You ticked the boxes with no explanation ...i need to avoid the anxiety of ftf ....its all too much and unfair ....seven times for you ...goodness .....
    • Posted

Yes I put some comments down but not a lot - With the medication I was on I was away with the fairies most of the time. 

There would have been more assessments if I had have done the re-assessment in 2004. But from 2004 until 2011 I was far too ill to do anything.

I looked at it that a court would see what I was like along with the difficulties that I faced and on that basis would have hoped that justice would be seen to be done.

• Posted

And as for anxiety I was forcibly taken to a secure unit under section. I had already tried to burn down a house and had numerous police arrests for outbursts of anger against anybody that I saw or heard that to me were a threat to my life. I saw life through that anxiety as F*** to the world and everyone in it!
  • Posted

Hi Maggs,

because of the arthritis in my hands and shoulders, I'm not able to write very well so a friend of mine helped me to complete the form. In actual fact, the only thing written on the form was "please see notes attached"

My friend and  I went through the questions, I answered them verbally and she typed everything up for me.   I read somewhere that it was necessary to explain how the disability effects you on a daily basis and to be honest there was not enough room on the form to explain things, she really went into detail bless her.  

Are you able to do this, or do you have a friend who could help you?  The more information you can give the better apparently.  x

• Posted

That's a good idea ,as like you say there,s not a lot of room ..for explaining although my cpn has done it he has,stated facts about me ...also said I could addi,m trying to keep a diary ...I think like you say ...I think typing with a friend is the way to go ....thank you for your reply

• Posted

Hi les59996,

It makes hard reading what you went through. My GP recognised the changes in me and acted quickly with my wife's co-operation in getting me to recognise how I had become. I got my mood changes under some sort of control, doesn't take much, after 19 sessions with an councillor " and how did that make you feel", being the constant mantra. However I still suffer with anxiety and people around me but try to cope.

Happy days to you all.

• Posted

Definitely make sure you get your opinions on your condition forward. Recently I have found out that my pip award has been disallowed (for bipolar) and I have been awarded 0 for all sections?! I am going through a mandatory reconsideration and collecting medical evidence from my psychiatrist, cpn, gp etc'

• Posted

Wooooo that's unreal......0 zero .....did you do your own form ...not being rude......i,m just so anxious..my night meds are not even kicking in ...should be well asleep now......the dress and anxiety ....it,s as though they have the right to say ....oh and by the way you don,t need help anymore......does tge DWP have a miracle cure for everyone

• Posted

As I have said many times, I have come to realise (better late than never) that the failure to complete the claim form properly will generally always result in a fail.

If you submit evidence but don't make a decent enough claim, the DWP are under no obligation to give you an award (even if that evidence supports one) if you don't make a case for that award on the claim form.

Say you make a case for 2 points of one descriptor but the evidence supports a descriptor that would give you 4 points - the DWP will only award 2 points - simply because that is all you have asked for.

• Posted

Thank you ...i need to this mood to shift I feel unable to think in the right context....i,m keeping adaily diary...lengthy..i do my form from this ...thanks for helping me understand the form a little better ...maggs x
    • Posted

Yes Hun I did. After speaking to my cpn a lot of other patients are been refused pip also and having to MR/appeal.

I'm back on Risperidone and diamizipan for my anxiety symptoms. Currently going through MR. I have had a recent relapse and I'm going through hell atm. I did fill in my own form yes very accurately Hun but apparently mental health problems don't exist in this day and age. What a joke x

• Posted

Hun but apparently mental health problems don't exist in this day and age

They do, it's all down to the way the PIP2 form is filled in and the level of evidence submitted.

When completing the PIP2 it's not a question of just putting down what your difficulties are it's more a question of tailoring those difficulties to fit the descriptors. 

• Posted

Exactly my point. But the decision makers is very clearly uninterested in the effects of their 'mental health problems don't exist' statement. The form was filled in, letters were submitted yet I'm still in this position.

Now, I'm having to go through mandatory reconsideration regarding this. 'My assessment was unfair' apparently. Dwp say whatever they have to say in my eyes tbh.

• Posted

I don't want to dishearten you but yes there are good assessors and bad ones as well as good Decision Makers and bad ones. All of it at the end of the day is just plain luck of the draw.

I do actually know where you coming from. I once had an assessment for ESA back in 2010 where the report concluded that I did not and never have suffered from any mental illness.

Strange really that I have been entitled to Industrial Injuries Benefit from 1995 to curent date directly because of mental health problems. At worst I was assessed as being 80% disabled and since 2004 at 40% disabled. That basically meant that in 2010 I had only 60% of my mental health faculty actually working.

So yes they do make problems for you and many 1000's of others unfortunately.

• Posted

I would also add that like you I found it extremely hard trying to cope with the whole system. DLA wasn't too bad that is if you can put up with stupid and inaccurate reports. But PIP is something else. I knew that I could not face what PIP wanted from me - regular re-assessments appeals etc. Consequently I did not transfer to PIP from DLA - I just gave up.

• Posted

Oh Hun I'm sorry to hear that that's really sad. And yes I'm exactly the same now the stress has got too much so I'm trying to go back to work but I don't want to start. Then the stress overwhelm me and put me into psychosis never mind just an episode so I'm not too sure what to do atm.

When my mood lifts I feel ready to fight for what I know I'm entitled to but when it drops... Hopefully it will all sort itself out soon

• Posted

Unfortunately a lifting mood is something that I can only dream about.

I have learned over the many years not to fight it but to simply accept it and walk away.

I was taught that when it gets too much I must go to the place where I feel safe and at peace.

As far as I am concerned, the whole damn world is in a mess and I don't want to be dragged along with it. I used to fight back but unfortunately I always went too far. Innocent people tended to get hurt.

Prior to 1995, I was a patient, understanding and caring person - always trying to see the good in everyone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.