Do 10 MG Capsules have any effect, wot's everyone else on?

Posted , 3 users are following.

My Doc gave me 10 MG capsules and it's not doing a thing! My appitite is not being suppressed at all! The only thing helping me right now is a healthy eating plan I'm following. At 206lb I think I should be on a higher dose. Wot do you think? 8)

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

My doctor also gave me the 10mg dose I started out at 224lb and I Have lost 23lb in the last 6 weeks. I have been sticking to a healthy eating plan also I think it does work but for the first one to two weeks I felt I was doing it myself and that the tablets had no effect but obviously the weight loss means they are working. I had a weigh in at the docs yesterday and i have now crossed the line from being obese to just being overweight :D which im really pleased with although he has said he wont be able to prescribe the tablets much longer so now im worried about that sad . Good luck
  • Posted

Thanks for your response I feel more confident now. Well done with the weight loss. Maybe keep a diary of what you eat so when off the tablets you can refer back. X 8)
  • Posted

Hi Natt,

I'm on 10mg but like you wondering if I should go up to 15mg. Will ask next week at my weigh in. I've been on them since March and not lost a great deal, but know people who are on them who have lost lots, don't know whether I've got some problem with losing as Orlistat didn't work either, or maybe it's just my time of life that is causing the problems - being 47 and menopausal!!! :lol:

Have you tried to get your prescription changed to the higher dose?

I'm just abit concerned that the headaches could get worse if I go up - I've had headache nearly all week but not sure whether it's just the heat that is causing them and the lack of sleep.

Hears hoping I've lost something next week or I'll be mad :evil:

Jane

• Posted

Hi Jane

Doc says if I d't lose a certain amount within a month she'll put me up to 15mg. nxt week will be a month so we'll see as I hvt lost much. Oilistat d't work for me either. Hope the higher dose kicks in with positive results. Good luck 8)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.