Do any of you have LS without itching?

Posted , 11 users are following.

My PA thinks I may have it by visual observation only and wants to do a biopsy to find out. Hmmmm I'm 75 and not too thrilled about that.

I have no itching or any burning - she is just going on a little shiny bit and some redness.

Thanks.

0 likes, 53 replies

53 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

basically i had that awful urge overactive bladder and became house bound and that was my worst part.

Finally git correct medication and its made a huge improvement.

And said you need to figure out what bothers you yourself the most and go from there.

We know ourselves how much we can endure and what has us climbing the walls.

• Posted

ladies i would like to thank you all.

i have learned more about LS in the past few days than i have in the past nearly 10 yrs of having this.

i had no one to ask about this. my inter net searches were useless. i had things i could finally explain to my husband that we have never spoken about in all this time other than my usual refrain of how ripped to pieces i am down below !!!

• Posted

Pamela I know that feeling. This is the only site I found any info on. other than people saying oh just exercise more and use some c b d oil you will be fine.

Well I do exercise and c b d oil is illegal in my state even by prescription.

So I had to keep seperating out the truth from people who live with this and know its not a lack of trying. It is a lack of knowledge.

I looked for any thing I could find that made sense because when you have to find someone to know what its like you don't ask someone who has no idea what you are even talking about. I could shout all day in Spanish but it is not going to make you understand the words. Even if I shout louder. Its just noise. But if I speak words you know then you say a ha yes i have that too.

• Posted

i live in Scotland.

what i found these past years is that even trying to talk to other women about this is impossible.

i am a trained nurse and i knew nothing about this condition. In fact i had never even heard of it.

throw in the fact that it is a gynae problem then you can see the shutters slamming closed.

you just don't talk about genitalia here far less problems any problems in that region !!

I am disabled and use a wheel chair so realistically exercise is impossible. CBD oil i am in two minds about.

my doctor laughingly called the condition " senile vagina " . going through this is no joke. i wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.. i am 52 yrs old. i have had this for 10 yrs and my heart breaks for any elderly person struggling through this - far less any one younger and fighting this.

one thing i have to say though is that if your medications aren't working , never forget that a simple dose of canestan cream ( clotrimoxazole ) is always a good thing to try because it is near impossible to tell the difference between the itch of a thrush ( yeast ) infection and LS .

take care x

• Posted

I love that senile vagina diagnosis. I would have sad well my brain still works.

My spouse always thought it was a huge joke as well. Until his plumbing started getting "senile" as well then it was Katie bar the door, in his haste to see a Dr. THEN hes starts asking me questions, He had no clue what kind of Dr to see and he went to the emergency room, and for once he was stunned that he now has to see several different clinicians. I asked him if he thought I was exaggerating about each Dr only focused in their area of expertise.

Now he sees I was not. When I went Monday for my follow up he was walking faster than I was and I shouted to him ti slow up so i could catch up to him. Two ladies coming up behind me started laughing and one said "We just had the same conversation." When we got off the elevator a few minutes later the ladies were once more behind us in line. I told them dont f

• Posted

follow me I am lost already. Coincidentally, they were going to the same clinic and we all had a good laugh. It is a huge hospital so it was strange they had parked behind us in the parking lot, duplicated our getting lost and ending up in the same spot in line and everything.

I would like to see Scotland one day! I lived all over Europe but sadly missed out on England,Ireland and that whole area but its on my to do list. Many friends live IN Europe still so now that I can travel

again I will get there. I got to the East coast of the US, so now I have the medical sorted I am ready to finish my tour of places I haven't been yet.

its going to be so awesome.

• Posted

pamela, I was thinking about women in nursing homes yesterday as I have spent my share of time in them. How could any woman who is becoming senile possibly handle LS symptoms in that setting? Many are in wheelchairs not able to go the the toilet independently and therefore dependent on the few staff available to help. Diapers are often the answer so women have to sit in urine, again till staff are available. That would be horrendous with anyone with LS. And if it hadn't been diagnosed before the woman went into the facility what are the chances it ever would? I wonder how many geriatric doctors who see nursing home patients are aware of LS. Many women have posted their GPs as well as GYNs have not been familiar with it. Has any effort has been made to educate nurses who work at nursing homes? If not there certainly should be.

• Posted

And I do think its all intertwined. I am thinking of writing a self help book or blog

or something because so much needs to be compiled after hearing how much we have figured out ourselves.

being restricted as to what knowledge we can share here is frustrating.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.