Do any of you ladies have PCOS

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all,

Ok so i know this forum is for people on orlistat but i have pcos and my doctor put me on these tablets to help my weight loss (it supposed to make things better) The thing is i would like to speck to someone who has it and is on these tablet to see if they do help in the long run or just make it worse ... if you know what i mean

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hi, i was put on these because i have pcos, you can private message me if you want to ask anything that you want to keep off public forum as i know it can be a little embarassing smile
  • Posted

Hi smile

My sister in law is a newly qualified GP and is the one who got me to ask about orlistat in the first place - and she suspects that I have PCOS because of the symptoms and how heavy and irregular my periods are - but my GP is useless and short of changing i can't get a test just yet.

Have been inquiring with the PCT to see how to change though, so fingers crossed soon. Hope you're doing well smile

• Posted

is your gp the only one at the practice? if not can u see one of the others?

my practice has 6 gp's and although i am assigned to one in particular i never see him, he's as useful as a chocolate fireguard!

i have lost over 2st since i started taking orlistat and i have noticed that the pcos symptoms have been dying down a bit which is great, hopefully you'll find the same smile

• Posted

Hi,

My best friend was put on these to help her lose weight as her pcos was making it really hard for her to lose.

She's been on them about 6-8 months and lost 6 stone so far smile She does a lot of exercise and really watches her diet - seems to work for her smile

• Posted

Hi I ahve been put on Orlistat to see if I can loose weight as I cannot loose it, The GP doesn't know if I have PCOS or whether my symptoms are due to weight gain or PCOS has caused the weight gain.

I would like some information as this is all new to me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.