Do any Teenagers have prolapsed discs???

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am looking for teens who suffer from prolaped discs.I am a sufferer of one [compacted and prolapsed l4/5] and i would love to talk to someone who had /has got this for advice on treatment and what to do if it gets bad.

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi, 4 months ago I started having severe pain down my left leg and in my lower back. During the past few years I've had various back problems, but this felt ten times worse.. Turned out I had/have 2 prolapsed discs, one of which puts a pressure on the sciatic nerve  resulting in lots of pain in both the lower back, thigh and calf.

I hasn't really gotten much better and I can't stop thinking about it. For a 16 year old boy not being able to do sports or anything else really has given me a tough time. I can barely play guitare or sing (which I used to do a lot), can't play basketball, can't sleep (spends most of the night in pain thinking about it) and even though my friends and family do their best to keep me comfortable I can't help thinking how nice it would be to know how people at my age with the similar problem Felt :P

99 % of those who post on the internet about this seem to be 30+ and it makes feel ridiculously old..

Do you recognise any of this?

• Posted

This is exactly what i am going through! I used to horse ride and as a result of the disc prolapse i have had to stop now[the actual problem was caused by a serious riding accident in 2012. I am at the Royal London hospital seeing a consultant and i am going to have another MRI scan to determine treatment.[surgery,steroid injections or epidural injectons
    • Posted

Wanna talk(write) somewhere else where the response time is a bit faster?? Would love to know if you had some sort of advice to keep the pain down.  

I've basically stopped thinking about anything else and being social has become a challenge, everyone is so kind but the only people I've met so far, who've known what I'm going through, has been my friends' parents. And that's not very encouraging! Furthermore sitting through the finals  sure has caused me a lot of *discomfort*.

Nevertheless, thanks for the answer smile

• Posted

I would love to . Are u on facebook? that would be the quickest way of contacting me , my phone is really bad ;]
    • Posted

Sure, My facebook account is Mathias Dons Jensen

A bit odd to pronounce in english wink

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.