Do anyone have neck, upper shoulder and head pain

Posted , 9 users are following.

HI

I am curious if any on you have neck and upper shoulder pain with head pain with this dizziness. I don't know what is causing it. I'm having thyroid issues also getting my levels straight. But this neck, head and shoulder pain is driving me nuts. It seems to have settled there. Its everyday all day, I go to sleep with it and a couple of hours after waking its back. I know stress isn't helping and I've been very worried about the thyroid stuff and i'm starting VRT this month and worried about that to. 

If anyone can help, i would appreciate it.

Thanks

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Patty, look up cervical vertigo - you will see yourself there more than likely.Try to find a good chiropractor or osteopath that won't do any rough manipulation on you, but instead, gentle stretching.  Try hard to relax your shoulders and maintain good posture.
  • Posted

If it's any consolation to you I get neck & shoulder pain too. Sometimes it radiates to my collarbones. I also get darting pains in my head & sometimes out through my eyes. I've spoken to my doctor about it and she thinks it's all related to the stress & tension that I'm constantly feeling.

As well as the panic & dread I feel when my head 'goes funny', I think it's the pressure I feel to be well enough to go to work every day & that is making me really tense!! I had two weeks holidays from work at Christmas & I noticed that by the end of them I wasn't in as much pain. Of course a few weeks back to work put paid to that!!  

Hope this reassures you that you're not alone. 

• Posted

Hi Patty

Yes! I had neck, shoulder and head pain...even ear pain! Its brutal!!

I used to go for massage regularly and to a chiropractor too.

VRT is not easy cuz it makes you dizzier at first but after a few weeks, your brain begins to learn to compensate and you feel better!

Debbie

• Posted

I think a lot of us get head and neck and and shoulder pain. I,certainly do!  Its not the cause of our dizziness.  it stems from the fact that we are unbalanced,and subconciuosly we are continually 'readjusting' and 'compensating'  using the muscles in our back, neck and shoulders which of course  will result in head pain too..i use a combination of things,sometimes a cold pack in my neck, sometimes heat., I also use Trigger Therapy i do myself using a tennis ball against the wall and my back,usually the middle to right (Or,left)between shoulder blades and roll it around. ,I know I have the right 'trigger',when I get a shooting sensation that goes up the side of my neck area. Try it, it works for me amd releases stuff. ,also get yourself a  good pillow ,,one that really supports your neck at night.  also a physio told me one to,do before getting out of bed in the morning. Put both hand behind your head (While,lying down) one on top,of the other as if you are cupping the base of your skull. Then. Gently, but firmly pull upwards, stretching your neck,,do this three times. I have those bean type things you heat in the. Microwave too and when i am sitting watching tv or whatever,,i put it arond my neck.  

• Posted

Hi Patty - in my case its all part of Migraine associated Vertigo.  I,ve been told I have text book symptoms.  Google it and see if your symptoms fit in.  Ive just had botox for it and they gave me the 31 injections in top of head, side of head, back of head, neck and shoulders. 
  • Posted

Patty, I agree with nanci28940. Based on what you have mentioned it sounds like your headaches and dizziness are stemming from your cervical pain. At least that was the cause for me. I agree with her recommendations on that. If I understand correctly the VRT you are starting will give you some good stretches to do as well.
  • Posted

Hello again,

And to add one more structural consideration.  Read about SCM muscles.  They are responsible for the pain across the back of the head and down towards your shoulders - another thing that massage or manipulaton can help with.  I've mentioned before that there is a book out there called The Neck Connection.  You can read excerpts from it online.  Our necks are really "grand central station" and can effect our health in many ways, including balance, hearing etc.

• Posted

Hi Patty,

Do you notice this pain to be all over or on one side? I found my back, neck, and shoulder/arm pain to all be on my right side which I think is due to cervical misalignment. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.