Do anyone see changes to their fingernails?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello, I've asked this question before but did not get many responses. I have been seeing changes in the color of my nails and ridges and like to know if anyone else has this problem. It's been a year now for me with mono with great improvement but still have a few lingering symptoms like rib pain and dry eyes with pain and sinus pressure. Any responses will be appreciated. TY

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Neenie - Unfortunately, I do not have any issues with my fingernails so I cant speak to that but you mentioned sinus pressure. Could you explain some of what you experience as it relates to sinuses because I have been having problems for so long now but cant figure out what it is. Went to an ENT and they performed an endoscope but found nothing. Thanks!

• Posted

I've been having all lot of pressure in my nose with no mucus, just pressure almost like burning if you will. I saw a ENT and he said something about the inside of my nose is narrow and he could barely get the scope to go in. I have never suffered with this at all.

• Posted

Nothing with my nails but I've had sinus pressure more or less these last 7+ months with mono. I also went to an ENT (in January-February) and they said my sinuses were fine. I usually feel the pressure on the bridge of my nose, between by eye brows, and the sides of my nose towards my eyes. My first mono symptoms were brain fog and sinus pressure and when I went to my doctor back in November when it started they diagnosed it as a sinus infection so I took antibiotics and steroids. It didn't get any better and that's when the fever and swollen glands started so I got tested for EBV and it came up positive and active. And then a few months later I went to the ENT hoping that the brain fog/disconnected/dream-like feeling I was experiencing was from my sinuses, but they said my sinuses were fine. I just needed to use a nasal spray for my post nasal drip. It's an aggravating process to say the least.

• Posted

I was told to use Flonase which has not helped at all. My pressure is more in the nostrils and I have post nasal drip where I'm always feel the need to clear my throat.

• Posted

Hey A35315 - Same here. Close to 7-8 months now of sinus issues that I have never had before. However, I do actually have mucus unlike anything ive ever had come out of my nose. Most of the time just clear, sometimes a thick rubbery substance, and a lot of postnasal drip that causes throat irritation. ENT said it could have been a case of sinusitis resolving on its own but did not see anything while he was in there. I believe I got a sinus infection from mold inhilation at an office I used to work at and that was the root cause of my EBV reactivation and other bodily symptoms. Who knows, im just as confused as everyone else.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.