Do anyone suffer from feel swelling, throbbing pain especially after walking?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was wondering if people suffer from swelling feet, pain, tenderness, redness when walking for a short while. I'm getting concerned as these symptoms have developed over the last few months along with the typical symptoms of CFS. I've been on Gabapantin, amytriptaline along with cocodamol tabs for over five years now...anyone have similar symptoms? Thanks in advance.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

It's funny because I was just wondering about this. My legs, especially my right leg, have been particularly tired and weak over the past few days. I walked to the shop and back yesterday, which was a struggle, and on the way back I noticed my right leg felt swollen because my jeans felt tighter around that leg. When I got back I felt my right leg and it felt quite hot. I can only assume it is a circulation issue.

The same leg gets cold sometimes if I lie or sit in the same position for a while.

• Posted

Hi rose, i'm sorry you're experiencing this. It's not welcome on top of everything else is it? Any new symptoms need to be checked out by doctor. It could be caused by other things,not necessarily M.E. Just to be on the safe side.

• Posted

Hi rose,

Years ago, I was on amitriptaline to help me sleep, and it caused me to not only have swollen feet, pain and tenderness in my feet, but also caused me to gain at least 20 pounds.  I talked to the pharmacyst who said that this particular medication caused people to gain weight.  I stopped it right away and lost half of the weight I had gained, and the swelling and soreness went away.  The rest of the weight eventually came off as well.

• Posted

Are they itchy as well? I ask because sometimes my feet or hands have swollen up and been red and it's due to allergies; it's usually in summer so it might be pollen.
  • Posted

Check out the side effects in your meds.  Also check your heart function.
    • Posted

How do you check your heart function? Can't you sleep? It's a pain isn't it? So tired........
    • Posted

Feet feels hot during the night and yeah the pain can be intense.
  • Posted

Hi all- thank your for all your replays and advice. I have spoke to my GP and they gave me some high strength ibuprofen. I wonder whether it's my meds that is contributing or there is something wrong with circulation and heart. I have my heart racing all the time.I have noticed this over the last couple of weeks, feeling of tiredness and throbbing of my feet when I'm walking. I'm struggling with keeping my full time work because I have to be out an about to see clients. It feels like I'm just about keeping my head above the water. I don't know about all you, but I go through phases of relapse and feel I can never control it. Thanks again x
    • Posted

That's ridiculous, they've fobbed you off with a painkiller to ease it. That's not a cure. They may as well prescribe ice creams to make you feel better!

Heart racing sounds like you're developing allergies, which means your immune system is damaged. Take a good look at the foods you eat, cut out perfumes, just make your environment cleaner chemical wise and healthier. It's got to be good!

• Posted

Hi rose, I am amazed that you are working - you must be an excellent pacer/manager. Hope your swelling feet problem has eased off now.

regards.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.