Do Certain Vitamins Affect Your Hormones / Give Rapid Heart Rate ?

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hello ladies . I have noticed that when i take vitamin d or d3 that it gives me a racing heart. Also a multi vitamin. Does this happen to you ? Before peri i was good with taking all vitamins, now i have to be careful.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hello, I have a hard time taking anything since peri. When I take D3 it makes me feel shaky and hypoglycemic. I asked my internist about this and he said he has heard some patients complain of that before. He recommended to take the smallest dose possible and see if that makes it better and if so then to take a small dose several times a day instead of all at once. I havent tried it yet. I have the liquid form as it seems everything I put on my stomach makes me nauseous or aggravates my reflux.

• Posted

i got this after b12 injections really bad, year and half along i still get increased heart rate daily, ive seen cardiologist and heart issues ruled out but the b12 definitely triggered it for me, im pretty sure im in early peri , never had issues with vitamins before, i just avoid them all now

• Posted

Yes I have noticed this also..with different supplements. Krill oil made my cycle completely change and a few others reacted to me. I don't know why...B shots was another,,also prim rose oil. Your not alone...

• Posted

Yes I have noticed this also..with different supplements. Krill oil made my cycle completely change and a few others reacted to me. I don't know why...B shots was another,,also prim rose oil. Your not alone...

• Posted

I get a rebound effect with magnesium. It's very calming to take, but I get a pounding heart on the other side of it. xo

• Posted

yes always been very sensitive to all medicines and vitamins growing up , can remember taking a cough and cold med when I was a going 21 year old wife and mother and falling asleep on the couch at our apartment and I couldnt wake up out of my sleep I could hear everyone talking but I couldn't wake up.. that was scary.. so from then on if real bad and only real bad I would buy the childrens meds and take a child's dosage.. barely any if it said one teaspoon I would take half a teaspoon... fast forward to today , ive always been able to take ibuprofen for pain but I started having that fast heartbeat short breath feeling everytime I took that and same for children's chewable vitamins.. can't do those anymore either.. and once I had vitamin b injections thru I v drip and thought I was going to die was horrible and that was a entire bag of I v.. and ever since peri started I react to many foods and my wonderful wine ,, can't have that either anymore makes me feel so sick after.. even hair dye.. such a weird bunch of symptoms

. although I have to say its been 4 years of no wine and would love to try a small glass to see how I feel, but not sure I want to go through the awfulness.. and I developed very bad migraines as well 4 years ago and haven't been able to take anything for pain during an attack is just awful..

• Posted

Thank you wonderful ladies for your response. It means so much to me and feel so blessed to be a part of this wonderful community of strong women. I have no words to thank you all. God bless you all. Hugs

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.