Do chiropactors help with hiatal hernia?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am 24 newly married and newly diagnosed with a small hiatal hernia.My symptoms are heart palpitations,chest pains and nausea.I have been taking beprazole (ppi drug) for 2 months..The chest pain and heart palpitations are still there?I wish to have a baby so can't go for Nissen fundoplication yet..My question is for how long chiropactic adjustment lasts??Any suggestions from you guys??

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

sorry can't edit this just wanted to tell you guys that pain in left side of chest is still there and i also experience heart palpitations.

• Posted

Chiropractory can put a tremendous strain on your body because it is very rough and vigorous.  It can leave you in a lot of pain and this can led to more anxiety.  They also don't tell you about the worst side effects; they only tell about the mild ones!  They ask you if they can do neck adjustments but they don't tell you that this is a highly risky procedure.

I had three chiropractic treatments and I gave up because all my sore joints and back pain became much worse, old pains that had cleared up came back and I developed new ones.   Duuring treatment, I was up all night panicking because I had terrible pain and then numbness from my neck down.

In the end, I began to dread each appointment and looked for excuses to cancel out.  At least I got my money back so I was not out of pocket.

I was given a deep tissue massage to help at my next appointment but the stress from it led to severe pain and exhaustion for nine months, costochondritis and then IBS.  Deep tissue massage is also not suitable if you are very anxious; it can cause your anxiety levels to rocket.  I was asked about my anxiety but once again I was not told that the treatment could actually worsen my anxiety.  I was only told this when I complained after my treatment.

They usually start with intensive treatment and then you move on to less frequent maintance adjustments. Some people swear by chiropractory.   However, there is very little evidence that it works.  50% of patients get side effects; I got the worst kind imaginable.  Unfortunately, I rushed into it without doing any research.  Had I done some googling, I would have stayed clear of it.

If you still want to try it out, make sure you do your research.

• Posted

thankyou for your reply..and for sore muscles yoga is best i have tried it myself!!it's just that i badly want a baby and this chest pain and heart palpitations are very disturbing..i feel like being trapped in a cell..i hope God helps me soon!

• Posted

I would definitely ask God to help you because He knows what the solution is.  I prayed every day for three and a half months for a diagnosis for my stomach pain when I was at my worst with panic and anxiety.   I begged him to come down from Heaven and help me.  In the end I got a diagnosis of IBS which was the simple, non frightening answer I was hoping for.  When you have tried everything else, prayer does help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.