Do Doctors get or have health Anxiety

Posted , 5 users are following.

Why don't doctors take health anxiety sufferers seriously? Are we wasting there time ?  If only my doctors could temporarily experience the chest pains/palps/dizzyness/nausea ect.....they might then listen and understand more. Going for blood tests and other tests does not cure anxiety only temporary peace of mind....

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Yes exactly! One night I literally had trouble breathing all night long I didn't sleep and cried all night long I went to the doctor that morning & all the doctor said was like oh your lungs seem good it's jst anxiety n stress. I was like just anxiety? I'm here walking like a depressed zombie bc I haven't closed one eye the whole night and instead of trying to find any cure that can relax my symptoms you simply say it's nothing jst anxiety. It's sad doctors dnt care about anxiety 
    • Posted

Ye, it make you wonder haw many people attended doctors and get told it's just anxiety you will be fine...
    • Posted

Many unfortunately and that's one of the reasons why many of us think that there is more than anxiety that's wrong with us and that they're actually missing our real healthcondition 
    • Posted

Trouble is anxiety cannot be sured.  There are ways to help yourself cope with it, and medicines to try and alleviate it, but is something you have to accept.  Doctors must see dozens of patients a day with depression, it is so common.  When you have suffered anxiety for years and years like I have you learn to live with it and not blame doctors for telling you you have anxiety.  It is very scary I know, and I am sorry you are suffereing so bad with anxiety. 

Read all you can about self help and practice the breathing and relaxation.

• Posted

Sorry I meant anxiety cannot be cured.  We have to learn to live with it.  It is up to us to help ourselves.
    • Posted

Learn relaxation techneiques, and yes doctors gets them, all to well understood, the main thing is you dont want drug thearpy unless its the last line of methods left as virtually all of them leaves you with a rebound effect and you are worse off than when you started on them, so dont go there unless you have to 
  • Posted

They seem not to care because to them its just a symptom of anxiety and often ocd. It tends not to pass however until the root problem is addressed. I'm in therapy for my health anxiety
    • Posted

Is it working? I just had my first therapy session last week and I'm not sure if it's gng to work for me
    • Posted

Therapy takes a lot of time I'm afraid,and there are different types. CBT is very common but didn't work for me so I moved to CAT. If you don't like it then be honest with your therapist and ask for a different type of therapy. Yes it really works for me
  • Posted

Some do some dont: My Grandfather had sevier anxiety disorder, it was passed to EVERYONE mother, cousions, (2 hospitalizied) Uncle is  a Dr with it, I was pharma sales rep with it, -- I had one doctor meet me at his office at 2 am, to see me in full blown panick attack, its REAL !, no these Aniexity attack's can manifest themselves in many ways and in many degrees, while my uncle gets them just as bad as myself he has been able to avoid being on medication by realizing Nothing is really wrong, on the other hand 2 cousions can not and both are Heavily sedated most of the time, I am middle of both roads while my mother was sevier and so am I, I also realize these manifistations of anxiety are 99.99999% nothing but your mind racing out of control, but I do take mild medications when needed, but have never been hospitolized, so my best advice it to get to see a good psycothearpyist to find out the cause- with us it is genetic as we All have one other thing in common a mile genetic mutation of our blood gene's, and the effect of over 25 people of varyimg degrees, again mine is constant so mild medication and a diversion helps, my uncle rarely if ever medicates for it, just lets it pass and 2 of my 1st cousions have been institutionilized, this is a failure of self control vs self comfort, We all get various social dealing anxietys it is how we deal with them that is important, dont medicate unless it is truly nessassary and disabeling 
  • Posted

Doctors are people just like us and of course they can get the same problems we get including anxiety and depression.  I agree with you about the tests.  I have had many and nothing physically wrong was found.  I am sorry you have not found sympathetic doctors.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.