do i have a bad disease like maybe als or is it just a anxiety ?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi, I am 16 and im dealing with weird feeling in my throat my jaw is a little stiff and its been like that for 5 days already then my cheeks feel numb i think and i felt that for 4 days, then i have a slight heavy breathing for 5 days, and i still have it now, then i have cramps i my bones but only in the arms and legs but that is somewhat normal for me because i had it for a year but i dont it until like once a month or twice or 3 times. and then twitching in my whole body but i had that my whole life, ever since i was a baby. Then when i look down, my neck kinda judders down and so does my arms and legs but there not that bad, the last time i had my arm, legs and neck judder down slowly was about a year ago and i got it again yesterday and there slow again so just tell me what i have. And also i get rashes on my cheeks and chest but  took care of that yesterday and so i have the "fifth disease" which explains my cheeks getting red. So the cramping in my  arms and legs comes and goes, the stiff jaw is always there, and so is my numbed feeling in my cheeks but thats from another disease that i have so tell me what is it that i have please 

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Are your wisdom teeth coming in? Thats for your jaw and face discomfort. I think you should see a dentist. Seperate from the other stuff. For the rest of your body try and eat healthy choices and keep drinking water thru the day. Your body is fighting fifth disease, a virus so it effects the whole body till it all heals up. Rashes appear (molten look) whereever they want.it takes time for that to run  through your system. You can simply be dehydrated by the way. As bland as water tastes its really imprtant for you. Stop pop or sodas they remove the water from your body. Try drinking a full glass of water when you awake and a full glass of water before each meal and about three hours before bed drink another full glass. Your goal is to consume half your body weight in ounces of water daily. Do you take a multi vitamin? If not start. Take one after breakfast every day. If you do not eat breakfast at least eat a banana, avacado or a nutrition bar. You have to take care of your body nutritionally and hydrating it if you want it to function well. You dont sound like you have a disease at all. You sound like you dont feel well but you have fifth disease so right now you do have a virus going on.
    • Posted

no i got no wisdom teeth coming in, but my tongue seems to be twitching also and im stating to wake earleir and if its even the fifth disease, then why am i getting the rashes on my cheeks and my chest and back and then it just leave, and r u saying that i dont have als? i took a blood sample yestrday but they havent told me or my mom the results. And r u a doctor?
    • Posted

No im not a doctor. I have experience with fifth disease and rashes come and go and even with temoerature changes it makes them come and go its a virus...and i have experience with wisdom teeth issues. I hope your blood tests come back all perfect and you feel better soon. May i ask you how you decieded to focus on als? Do you have it in your family? Has someone told you this is a real possibility at 16? 
    • Posted

how i decided to focus on it is cuz like 2 years ago, my bigger bro told me about this and about a year ago, i started to get those symptoms and also my neck and arms and legs would judder down badly. But about a week abo, i got all those same symptoms bu8t the juddering was slow this time and my stiff jaw and numbed cheeks came along. and no i was told that als usually occur at the age of 40 between 70. And when u said "Do you have it in your family?" what does that mean? like how is it gunna help? 
    • Posted

Because its "extremely" rare any teen would have it. if someone in your family (blood related) had it then it would be familial give you the five percent chance of even the possibility of acquiring it. Hopefully your blood tests will reflect everything is fine. If it turns out to be "health anxiety"  your doctor will guide you on how to handle it, or explain it to you and your Mom. The rashes are from fifth disease and yes they come and go. I dont know why your doctor didnt explain anything to you or your mom. Feel better. 
    • Posted

thanks and so if no one in my family had it, then i cant get it, but if someone in my family does have it, then i have a 5 percent of getting right? and if thats true, then thanks forn making feel like i dont have it and so it runs in family i guess right?
    • Posted

You dont have it. I mean im not a doctor but you dont have it.not als. No. Wait for the blood results and see how your virus is doing. And see if dr. Knows why you dont feel well. Aside from the virus. You can ask him ehy you get twitches. Maybe he knows or knows a dr.who would know. Im so sorry your bro told you about it, i think he scared the daylights out of you. I doubt he meant too but it really scared you.reread what i wrote up top i know youre young but the body needs healthy food and lots of water. Just so you do know all the body does really is keep trying to get healthy. Thats it like a machine but you have emotions. When you worry and google stuff and keep thinking terrible things your body doesnt know the difference so it will start mimicing symptoms. Youd be better off turning on your favorite music and dancing around and singing songs. Its uplifting. The body heals well when it is happy. Be happy.
    • Posted

yeah i was talking about it with him today when he picked me up from school today, i told him that i im having heavy breathing, cramping in my arms and legs but my doctor said that can mean that im growing and then i have the stiff jaw and numbed cheeks and the cold air makes me breathe better. and so he has all that too and he said its because of his anxiety and so everything that i have can be from anxiety? beisdes my numbed cheeks. and i also i have juddering in my bones, like when i move my arms and legs and neck down, they judder down to. so can all thay really be from anxiety? and i also have ADD so like i twitch a lot and moslty eveyrwhere and since i have thta, does that mean i can have it in my tongue too? because my tongue is twitching when i stick it out. 
    • Posted

becuase i had twitches like my whole life... and so i dont have als? even tho i have stiff jaw, numbed feelin in my cheeks, cramping in my arms and legs but they stopped and plus, i usually get cramps in my arms and legs, and i also have heay breathing like im not getting enough air in my lungs
    • Posted

Theres another explanation but i am not a doctor.you should ask your doctor why this happens to you. Forget about ALS. Just ask your doctor. Thats what they are for to tell them what's going on in yiur body so they can help you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.