Do I have a candida problem?

Posted , 3 users are following.

My symptoms oddly enough started several months ago. The first symptom was about 14 days or so after sex with a new partner.

14 days after my penis had a burning sensation. Got tested and everything was fine. (Tested @ 30 days/60 days/90 days)

About 60 days in or so I tried about 1.5 weeks of 1% Clotrimazole cream which seemed to help. Burning feeling went away.

At about day 70 my heart randomly racing and going to town for no reason. Sometimes it wakes me up at night. I went to the doctor, had an ultra sound and an MRI. Everything seems to check out fine.

I am now at day ~160

I have had a constant sore throat for 3 months. I have a slight fungi something on my tongue but nothing the docs are actively concerned about when they look in my mouth. I have a random burning feeling on the left outside side of my mouth. About 1cm from where the top and bottom lips meet. This can last 5 minutes to hours. There is visually nothing wrong. I am also having ravings for candy or something sugary.

I now noticed my penis is very shiny when erect and kind of sparkly and far more wrinkly than normal when not hard. There is no burning pain in the penis gland however.

I dont feel stressed or worried about anything either.... I am more annoyed at this point that I can't seem to find an answer but oddly enough, started right after a new sex partner and all the STD tests come back clean.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

Hi Randy, did you ever get to the bottom of this? I have something very similar after receiving oral sex. I've tried canesten anti fungal cream, which does help but never seems to completely get rid of it.

I hope things work out well for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.