Do I have a parasistic infection - sorry in advance

Posted , 2 users are following.

Im not sure if this is related but at night my scalp wakes me up being so itchy. Last night I managed to pull something from my back passage as long as my forearm which looked flat and almost stick like. This has continued through the night and to today. Im just wondering if anybody knows what it is and if I have some sort of worms. I have lost weight recently and have no appetite. I cant sleep at night. Thanks. Im new to this and have a pictute but dont know how to add it

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi just to add its yellow in colour and can be unravelled like tape, im so sorry
  • Posted

Hi Beth, it sounds like you may have a tapeworm. Talk to your doctor about it.
    • Posted

Hi Ptolemy im currently on night shifts so cant make it in to the doctors for a few days, is it serious?
    • Posted

In the 1930s people used to get a tape worm so they could lose weight. I think they have a life span of about twenty years. If it is a tapeworm it can probably wait, if it is not I don't know of course. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.