Do i have a typical black eye or is it something more serious

Posted , 4 users are following.

I got punched 7 days ago, the day after, it was slightly swollen, i had purple bruising under the eye, a small amount in the outside corner of my eye socket also the white of my eye was approx a quarter blood.

Fastforward a week, there is no swelling, much of the bruising has gone/faded to yellow apart from a thick purple mark under the eye, however it does not hurt when pressed (unlike a bruise), and there is still a lot of blood in my eye.. no change within a week.. the only place where there is pain is on the top of my cheekbone or on the far outside of my eye socket, this is painful when pressed.

Is this just a bad black eye that needs extra recovery time or could it be something more serious?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Usually the bones surrounding the eye socket is very thin, and if it does not hurt your doing good. Its been only 7 days ... give it 7 more days and see if you feel better. 
  • Posted

Have you seen a Doctor?  Schedule an "emergency" appointment and describe your symptoms.  This is ot necessarily an emergency, but if you do not say that it is an emergency, you may fin yourself having to wait for a couple of weeks, if not ore.  Yoyr ather option is A&E.  The tissue around the eye is very delicate as is your eye.  It could be that the cheekbone has been damaged, or that the initial trauma has cleared but the ther remainider still needs to heal. 

?My advice is get yourself to medical treatment ASAP if you are really concerned about this, go to A&E.  Better safe than sorry is always the "name of the game."

Don't sit and fret, take action.  It may be absolutely nothing to worry about.

• Posted

Hi I had a fall beginning of Feb. 2 lovely black eyes and  ?? Broken nose took a month for bruising to fade nose still a little tender so wouldn't worry too much about your eye unless it's very painful and your eyesight is impaired.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.