Do I have acid reflux?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello everyone,

I have been having some symptoms that I think are due to an acid reflux problem but I'm not quite sure. I would like to know if some of you that have this problem also have/had this symptoms..

So, I feel some pressure in my stomach, as if I'm full, even though I'm not and also some burning in the middle of my chest and upper stomach area. I also have a slight acidic feeling going up and down in my throat and I noticed that most of these usually get worse at night or after eating large meals..

I also feel a slight shortness of breathe these days, I don't know if it could be related to this.

Thank you so much for listening

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like reflux of acid. Try taking ranitidine daily for a few days to see if it helps. It will reduce any acid.

Also, to avoid nocturnal reflux, leave at least 3 hours between your last meal and going to bed. Shortness of breath can be related to reflux.

If symptoms persist, see your doctor.

• Posted

Mmmm could be acid reflux but don't mess around. Get it checked out asap.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.