Do I have ALS

Posted , 4 users are following.

Recently I’ve been scared of possibly having ALS.

It started in mid October. I had twitching all over my body. This happen just when I ran a 74 mile week, which I felt tired for weeks and it made sense because high mileage gets you tired.

But then I had some left arm problems. Left arm (bicep)felt tired and in the morning when I wake up, I felt tingling and numbness in my pinky, ring and half of middle finger. So I went to urgent care and they can tell it’s a nerve injury. Doctor sent referral for neurologist and told me to get wrist splint and ergonomic evaluation. As a result, improvements to left arm and fingers have been made, but can still feel the numbness in ring finger. One factor could be ballroom dancing.

Recently, I’ve been getting eye twitching and being able to mispronouce words. Idk if that is slurring, but I think I might have slurred. Sometimes I can say words correctly on second attempt. E.g Can’t say Cavaliers correctly after saying Cleveland. I have Appt next Friday and I’m scared.

There’s hope because I been running fast. 16:14 5k on thanksgiving, which is s sec away from pb. Also been running low 7:00 for all my runs, while before Thanksgiving I was runnning 7:30s. I’m not bragging my running accomplishments, but it’s just to prove that Im not regressing. Also do lifts and been able to complete workouts, but doing it with lighter weights.. though haven’t tried it with normal weights.

Do I have ALS? If not, what could I have?

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Today I woke up with my left wrist sore. When I bend my hands backwards, my right wrist and arm are fine. But my left wrist and arm doesn’t feel comfortable even though I can bend.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.