Do I have CFS?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have been to see a Kinesiologist and she said I have CFS but I don't have it everyday. But today 4 example I have waited in all day for a boiler man and then wen he'd been I went to collect my son in the car and then did some food shopping. I was literally 1/2 an hour. But when I got home I had this overwhelming tiredness and no energy. I had to lie down as I could hardly stand up or hold my head up. I have this every now and again but with milder fatigue in between. Is this normal or the same as CFS?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

its normally diagnosed by a Rheumatologist. You could have mild CFS, but there are usually other symptoms that go with it. Many problems can cause fatigue which is why its difficult to diagnose
    • Posted

I agree with you as there is also pain, dizziness, nausea, headache and lots more. You should see your doctor and get checked for other things ask for some blood tests to rule out anything else. Gentle hugs xxx
  • Posted

It could be consistent with CFS.  The extra fatigue comes when you push yourself too hard.
  • Posted

It's imposssible to know what's going on from your post. Your fatigue could have a lot of causes. The first thing you'd need to do is get a complete blood workup from your GP. If all the tests come back negative, you could explore the possibility of ME/CFS. But getting fatigued every once in a while does not, in and of itself, point to this illness. Fatigue is only one element of ME/CFS. Other typical symptoms are cognitive problems, unrefreshed sleep, and orthostatic intolerance. Go to the  "solve me/cfs initiative" website and see if the symptoms resonate with you.
    • Posted

Well said Jackie. ...I couldn't have put it better. Ask your doctor for a full blood test. Good luck. Gentle hugs xxx
  • Posted

I don't mean to sound rude and hope you don't take this the wrong way, but thought that I should say that Kinesiology is just quackery. I wouldn't trust anything that a kinesologists claims about health. Sorry to hear that you've been feeling unwell... as many people here will let you know, it can be very difficult to find out the cause of one's health problems.
  • Posted

I'm not a dr, but doubt it. The fatigue in cfs us something you would know is not normal. It's doing some task and getting extremely tired. Sleep doesn't make you feel better. It's still there. Go to a dr in any event and get checked. Hope it works out for you.
  • Posted

Hi

CFS or FM is usually diagnosed when they can eliminate other diseases. I don't think the Doctors will want to conclude based on symptoms that you explained as there might be several other overlapping factors that can cause the same symptoms. Looking on the bright side of things, take the time to focus on your health to find answers. Persist to do tests like full blood count. Take notice of smaller symptoms that might help Doctors to pin point areas. Fatigue is a very general symptom. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.