Do i have CKD or UTI

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello folks, i do know that i have some kind of kidney problems.

In the past i used to have pain in the kidney area. It was very delicate pain.

The colour of the urine used to appear like beer and it smelt foul.

I was scrathing all over the body, i felt exhausted and like dillusional and felt fainting.

Most of the symtoms that said your kidney is failing.

But now what i notice is, the colour of my face has turned to appear little dark.

My urine turns to foam after peeing in the toilet. I do not have any pain.

I want to ask few things to you:

1)How long will this continue because i dont feel sick.

Thank you.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

judging by the symptoms you have described such as the smell, the foam and pain describe characteristics of a UTI infection. However no one here can guarantee you a correct answer as we cannot look at your observations which may display and the only way to know is to visit a medical professional.

if you do have a UTI you will most likely require antibiotics before Your symptoms disappear, just be alert for signs such as high temperature and dizziness. but do go to see a HCP if your issues persist.

sam

student paramedic.

• Posted

I think i should better go to a doctor and see it. No hassle there.

Also can you tell me one last thing.

Does anyone feel pain when kidney is failing?

Thank you for being patient. I really need to know this.

• Posted

As regards to your question.

flank pain as it is commonly known can be a result of many kidney issues such as kidney disease. However, with regards to kidney failure it is more common to experience pain from symptoms caused by the kidney failure more than directly from the kidneys themselves, but it would not at all surprise me if Individuals experience pain as a result from kidney failure due to the nature of scarring that could occur to the nephrons. But sorry to say this kind of thing again but pain is very subjective. everybody experiences pain in different ways or may not even experience pain, as we all have different experience and may not have been in extreme pain before, so with many conditions i see patients with very different levels of pain but with the same or less symptoms. But in short id expect pain from issues caused by the kidneys failing not directly, but I wouldn't rule it out.

this is obviously my clinical view which may differ from others but I thought I'd give some insight.

sam

student HCP

• Posted

Got it. Thank you for your patience. I was looged out so i couldn't get the notification. But i'll keep that in my mind.

• Posted

Hi

My kidneys were functioning at 41% and I have never had kidney pain, my end is end stage ckd 4-5 and also doesn't get any pain.

I expect everyone is different and depends on what has caused the kidney disease.

Good Luck

• Posted

I meant to write My mum has end stage and doesn't get pain

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.