Do I have contact dermatitis??? Help!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I recently returned home from university due to the ongoing pandemic. When I’ve returned home slowly I have had spots and kind of rashes popping up randomly on my body. It’s in places such as my lower torso, groin, knee caps and a bit on my arms and calf’s. I’m not sure if this is contact dermatitis or something more serious like scabies or something. The reason we think it could be contact dermatitis is because my mum and brother are allergic to Persil washing tablets, and before I left university I bought these for the first time and did one wash with them. We have now re-washed all my clothes with fairy but the odd spot pops up and is itchy in random points of the day not necessarily at night time.

I’ve attached some photos but obviously they are hard to see from my hair, if anyone could be of any help it would greatly appreciated as this has been ongoing for about 1-2 weeks.

image imageimageimageimage

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Doesn't look too bad.

Looks like an allergy to something.

I get those too, for seemingly no reason. They itch like crazy. But then they just go away.

If it spreads, sure youll want to get it looked at.

• Posted

Hi,

Thanks for replying, so you think it may be an allergic reaction to something? I can't work out what it might be as like i said we have re-washed all my clothes so it isnt a detergent. Everytime i apply Dermol cream it does calm down the itchyness. I want it looked at but i doubt anyone will look at it with the current measures in place!

• Posted

how long does your allergy problems usually stay for? like how long before they usually go?

• Posted

They can last a month or just a couple of days.

It happens for me with too much sun, or weeds or bug chemicals for plants - sometimes just nothing that i can even remember. little red bumps that look like tiny blisters - ugh. I've had good results with ice, but I'm not trying to give advice. It just always helps me.

• Posted

I am actually going through a similar issue. Apparently there are quite a few autoimmune rashes that pop up after you have reacted to a virus, which I think has caused mine. Have you had a sore throat recently? Those viruses seem to be the main culprits. I had a video-call with my dr and she diagnosed me, but yours doesn't seem as bad.

General advice seems to be to moisturise and take antihistamine and it will go away on its own after a while.

If you haven't tried a video call with the dr and you normally would, give it a go, as you won't be getting in the way of social distancing as its probably something they can diagnose by sight.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.