Do I have Coronavirus ?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi All,

I am posting here because I am not getting any help from NHS regarding my condition.

I think I have between mild to moderate symptoms of coronavirus but there is no way for me to confirm this. So please help ...

It started with very mild body pains, headache then some mild fever on the 5th of March. My body was feeling hot like a kettle but thermometer was showing 37C only because I was sweating profusely at night which kept the temperature down. I was feeling a kind of numbness in my entire body like I never felt before. I took paracetamol daily to control those symptoms and was feeling better(normal) after 4 days. Then on 12th March I had a bit of cough which lasted for 3-4 days and I managed to get rid of it by taking home remedies. All the symptoms were mild and manageable.

By 17th March I developed a mild sore throat which worsened the next day. I took paracetamol again along with cpm(antihistamine) twice for a couple of days. Also did salt water gargling twice that completely got rid of the sore throat by 19th March.

20th March I woke up at 3AM completely drenched in sweat. Took paracetamol again(I think thrice) that helped controlling the temperature. Called 111 first time and was advised to self-isolate for 7-14 days.

From 21st to 26th March I was feeling mostly normal with some mild sporadic bouts of temperature and sweating. Was feeling bit dull on odd days so kept taking paracetamol once a day throughout. From 27th-30th March I was feeling completely cured with no symptoms of any kind and I thought I had shaken it off.

On 31st March I woke up NOT feeling 100% well. I sweat profusely again that night. Had mild bouts of temperature and sweating again over the next 3-4 days. Started taking 1/2 a paracetamol every day again.

On 5th April started feeling dull and worried more than the previous days. Body felt like a hot kettle again at night and couldn't sleep.

6th March 4:00 AM called 111 and tried to explain my symptoms to them and my concern that even though the symptoms are mild to moderate its exactly a month since they started. They couldn't help and asked me to wait for a few more days or call my GP for further advice.

One common persistent symptom that I felt everyday during the ordeal is numbness and pain in my legs towards the evening each day. Haven't seen anywhere online where this has been listed as a possible symptom of Coronavirus.

Along with paracetamol I have also been taking some home remedies daily like Vitamin C effervescent drink, honey with ginger in warm water, a egg a day and other remedies.

Please can anyone who has had similar symptoms or who has the know how of the symptoms of coronavirus please advice if my symptoms indicate that I have Coronavirus and if so why would I be taking so long to get cured.

Thank you.

S

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

they just tell u to stay at home for 14 days until it passes usually if its mild symptoms it dosnt require any treatment unless u are having breathing difficulties in which case call 999 but other than that they tell u to just wait it out

• Posted

It could be the Corona virus. Its beginning to be learned that there are many symptoms that hadnt been notified before.You are doing all the right things, but if you are beginning to struggle to breathe then get on to the 111 website and register yourself as needing help. If your symptoms worsen then call 999.If you are in a part of the country where the population is dense eg London or any city, then you may have been infected from several different people . Keep yourself isolated. If you have nobody with you at home then try to call a friend,neighbour or family member so that they can call you at regular intervals to keep an eye on you. Anyone living with you should not go out.

• Posted

Best follow the advice of everyone -stay at home & self isolate.

Maybe phone 111 to see if they can offer any advice -Have you tried that

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.