Do I have diabetes?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi there,

So I’m 28 years old at a healthy weight, however, over the past 5-6 weeks I’ve noticed a change in my health. First I noticed my eyes were blood shot and my vision seemed slightly blurred. After the first week I noticed I was tired, which seemed like all the time. I started eating very healthy for a couple weeks and noticed I had more energy and eyes were back to normal. Then I stopped caring about what I ate and drank again, which resulted in blood shot eyes, blurry vision and loss of energy. I notice the most dramatic change with my eyes and energy about 20 to 40 minutes after I eat, it seems like. I eat my first meal later in the day between 12-1. My energy levels get so bad, I need to take a nap, soon after the symptoms come on. It doesn’t matter what time of day.

Is this diabetes or some time of blood sugar level problems?

Thank you.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You can mess yourself up with bad dietary habits, without it being diabetes!

To do a real diagnosis requires at least a couple of simple finger-prick blood tests for blood glucose (BG) and something called A1C that's roughly your average BG for the past 90 days.

If you try simply having three (not 2) small meals per day, with limited snacks, and for extra credit learn to count carbs, rather than calories, and make sure the meals are limited in carbs to some reasonable number like 75 plus or minus twenty - well, that's what you'd be doing for a mild case of type2 diabetes anyway, so you might just "cure" it before you even have it!

So go for the tests with your local doctor - or pharmacy, you can buy all the test stuff over the counter for not too much money.  And/or talk to a nutritionist, or consult Doctor Google further in regards to general good nutrition practices - AND FOLLOW THEM!

• Posted

Wow ! That's exactly what I am going through except I know I have type 2 diabetes. Diet is critical and make sure after you eat to take a 1 to 2 mile walk because that will definitely lower your blood sugar. It's not easy I know but your body is sending you warning signs. Take care !

• Posted

It is true that diet is critical and that is in everyone's power to change but exercise is harder for some of us. I am paralysed from my hips down in both legs and can only walk 10 yards with aids so the idea of walking 1-2 miles a day is an impossibility. In any case your assumption is that type 2 diabetes is always caused by poor diet and lack of exercise. Whilst it is true in most cases, it is not always true. In my case diabetes was caused by one of the medications I am on

• Posted

The only way of knowing for sure is to have a finger prick blood test. If that shows your blood sugar  is raised you would need another blood test called HbA1c.Go see your doctor!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.