Do I have Endometriosis- my symptoms

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello everyone. I am definitely seeking help at this moment for I am so fed up with feeling this way. I got my period when I was 11 and never noticed anything odd until a few months after. My cramps were just terrible and my flow became extremely heavy. So heavy to the point where Id have a very large night pad on and get up in the morning and right when I sat up blood would go EVERYWHERE. Even if I ran to the bathroom little puddles of blood would follow me along with clots - horrible. I began having to wear tight underwear with two pads and spandex so when I do wake up in the morning my blood won’t go everywhere. I often find myself extremely constipated around my period time and sometimes just in general - my urologist reccomended miralax and exlax but neither really worked. Also around my period (before during and after) peeing is extremely painful and uncomfortable. It feels like i have a uti throughout my whole period but ive gone to several doctors and no bacteria was present that could make them think it was an UTI. My period is just a horrible time filled with constant EXTREME pain. Pee pain on top of constipation or diarrhea (it depends on the period) and horrible cramps. My cramps have gotten so horrible at times I felt i had to be rushed to the hospital. They make me feel drowsy and out of it like I may faint and my legs cramp up horribly. On my period I am constantly taking pain medication every 6 hours exactly to prevent the horrible pain I know will come if I don’t take the medicine, i lather my stomach up with lavender to calm my muscles and I use heat wraps constantly. I also experience painful sex a week or two before my period and its hard because there’s only certain times I won’t feel pain during sex. Its hard to describe the pain almost like period cramps after but during its like a pole is being rammed into my uterus - sorry that was very descriptive: This is just so aggravating and I don’t understand what this could be. Please help if anyone with endometriosis has these symptoms I’m just so lost

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Yes, Nikki, your symptoms sound familiar. You might look at another post from today from another woman who started when she was 11.

Have you talked to your doc or obgyn? No matter what they say, the only absolute diagnosis is via laparoscopy. Unfortunately you'll likely have to have a lot of GI testing done 1st. Endo gets on our bowels & can cause the constipation/diarrhea. It can even cause us to pass large quantities of blood rectally. But docs never want to look straight at endo. They prefer to automatically & arbitrarily to decide you have IBS rather than m first look at the foremost complaints in the gynecological department. So they're most likely going to do all sorts of other tests first.

• Posted

Your symptoms are very much similar to endometriosis

You can learn more, from this link:

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) as it was broken. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.