Do I have fatty stools? Pics inside

Posted , 13 users are following.

23,male, white. I've got horrible health anxiety, and right now I'm worried about pancreatic cancer. Ever since I delved deep into the different symptoms, I found one that is easy to check - maldigestion. Basically, if there's a tumor in your pancreas and it blocks the pancreatic duct, then the pancreatic juice which normally flows into your small intestine to digest fats, is absent, and it causes a phenomenon called steatorrhea.

So, since a week I have been inspecting my every single stool. I never did that before in my life, but I just have to now, to exclude maldigestion of fats. I've read about steatorrhea and it's characterized by pale, bulky, greasy and malodorous stools. My last three stools looked like that: https://imgur.com/a/2isFgGK (it's an album of three photos, just scroll down if on mobile).

Don't mind the floating pieces, they float for about 5-10 seconds only and then gently sink. They also don't smell foul. Do those stools look normal? I'm losing my mind. I Googled steatorrhea pictures, and while most of them really look greasy, I found a site at which steatorrhea is presented like that: https://charlies-magazines.com/steatorrhea/

Now my anxiety is beyond my limits, because my stools look kinda similar to that? I mean, I thought that's how normal stools look like, I'm really at my wits end now.

My stools aren't pale, sink, don't smell foul and don't look greasy, but I just can't stop worrying about fatty stool.

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi mostu

Your stool looks quite normal. Here is a pic of steatorreah stool...very UNLIKE your stool...stop getting anxious and stressed.. it will give you digestion and stomach problemsimage

• Posted

It is very unlikely to get Pancreatic Cancer at your age. But, you can visit your local GP if you are experiencing any symptoms such as weight loss, dehydration, belly pain, indigestion, skin changes, itching. At this point, your stools appear normal to me. Although, there is slight variation from normal, but that too could be due GI problems and not specifically pancreas.

Let me know if you have any queries.

Dr. Ali

• Posted

What do you mean by slight variation from normal?

• Posted

I would ask your doctor to do a stool test to get a diagnosis. Try a food diary to see what foods are not digesting properly.

• Posted

Why do you assume that I'm not digesting some foods properly? I thought that the stools look normal, they're not malodorous, they're brown, they aren't greasy etc. I'm freaking out because of posts like this

• Posted

I am suggesting possible malasorption of foods because you say you are worrying about this and frightening yourself. The only way of resolving your worries is to ask your doctor for a stool test to rule out this fear. Googling your symptoms will not help you and will cause greater anxiety. We are not doctors on this site, so it is advisable to get a proper medical opinion.

• Posted

Hi mostu

"A slight variation of normal" means your stool pics are normal but there are slight differences of normal stool as shown in this picture....image the pictures of your stool coincide with pics 3 & 4 which are normal stool although they are slightly different they are both normal stool ...hence "A slight variation of normal"...as stated by Ali....

• Posted

anyone seen this before

• Posted

Yes my 65 year old husband. I've never seen anything like it till last night, he got me up to look at it. Going to the doctors this morning.

Did you ever find out what it is?

• Posted

Hello,

Did you figure out what it was? I just had a bowel movement that looked the exact same as the picture Iornah69 just shared. I am now very worried and would be so incredibly appreciative to have some form of answer.

Thank you!

• Posted

anyone seen this before

• Posted

Hello,

I just had a bowel movement and mine looked exactly the same! I am extremely worried and have no idea what in the world could cause this. Someone please please please find out!

Thank You!

• Posted

same as you, Do you found out what the problem is?

• Edited

I had a similar situation for a while, but I got relief with herbal remedies.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.