Do I have fibro?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I have been experiencing back pain and random pain recently, also tiredness. I went to the doctor and they did a fibro trigger point test on me, I did not feel any more pain from it so she ruled it out. I have had low vitamin d before and she thinks it may be this..but the pain can be really bad sometimes. Can someone shed any light?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lucy,

Where do you get the pain, can you describe it to me? I have been having terrible leg pains and burning thighs and knees whereby they feel really sore but there is nothing visible. I also have random other pains. My vit D and Folate are both low so am starting supplements tomorrow. If these symptoms don't improve gp says they will.liik into it further.

Not sure if fibromyalgia could be the reason. - any ideas anyone?

• Posted

Hey. I have been getting them back, legs and arms. It's like a shooting pain in legs and arms but more of a constant ache in the back..

• Posted

Hi Lucy, if you didn't feel any pain on the trigger point test, I feel it's unlikely you have fibro. I had low Vit d levels a couple of years ago as well as fibro, and noticed the difference after I started taking Vit d, so maybe you just have that. When I had the trigger point test, it was exquisitely painful. x

• Posted

iif you look on the WebMD page it will show you in graphic form where fibromyalgia is located on the human body. i have it everywhere on my body along with costochondritis
  • Posted

Hello Lucy

It's difficult when our symptoms mimick or cross over with other conditions.

If you need more advise you could think about returning to your GP maybe.

You know how you feel so trust yourself and ask questions about your symptoms.

Good luck 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.