Do I have folliculitus ? If so how do I cure it ?

Posted , 6 users are following.

ive been to a few doctors who have never said thats what this is they've just reccommended creams and things like that but its just seems to be never ending. everytime i shave or wax im left with red bumps, like pimples, all over me my worst areas are my bikini area and inner thighs. Im so embarrassed by them i look like i have some sort of disease. i have tried everything, exfoliating before and or after shaving, coconut oil, baby oil, conditioner and shaving gel or cream when shaving, using a new razor everytime, waiting 1-2 weeks before shaving again, bump eraiser, tea tree oil, apple cider vinegar and even mouth wash but still nothing stops them from coming. i took pictures of my inner thigh this morning, excuse the stretch marks, and this is what i deal with all over my bikini area and thighs. i have dark thick hair that grows back within the day so i cant just not shave/wax im seeing a bew guy and i get so upset about having these bumps in this area, is there anything i can do ?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I should note that after about a week the inflammation and bumps do pretty much go away which I'm not sure happens with folliculitis.

• Posted

Marie!

I've got this one! Because I used to have what you have. I had dark thick hair all over my legs, biking etc. and removing it caused chronic folliculitus. Here is what cured it for good (and the medical research shows this works too) Get rid of the hair. Get rid of it and your problem will go away. How? Laser. Too expensive? Not a problem. Go to amazon.ca and buy the Tria hair removal laser for home. I bought it. It works. This is it: Tria Beauty Hair Removal Laser 4X - FDA cleared and portable home use - Fuchsia. Or go to a salon and swing a bulk deal. That's what I did.

Wash after any hair removal (laser or shaving. )

Good luck!

E

• Posted

i was considering laser even though its expensive but it will be worth the outcome, thankyou so much for the reply

also do you think hair removal creams would be an easier option in the mean time/while getting laser ?

• Posted

There will be all sort of opinion what to take what not to take but I personally been searching forums for almost 11 years to help other out. My personal recommendation is to take matter in your own hands. Forget antibiotic it's just going to get you more folliculitis. Laser hair removal is a great solution but what about the head hairs? But most important thing you must understand that this disease is here to stay but it's your job to contain it by eating healthy food. I've been diagnosed with follicultis for 11 years and it took me decent amount of time to understand how to get rid of it.

*turmeric pill

*garlic pills

*zinc pills

*head and shoulder shampoo

*drinking sour beers (this really works)

*do not use any oil

• cera ve lotion is okay to use.

Easy on high carb diet such as bread, white rice and avoid anything contains yeast. Drink plenty of water. Solution is to flush this bacteria out of your system and only way to do it is to make them starve. Go on this diet for a month and you will see the result. If this diet doesnt work I promise you I will leave this forum for good. Best of luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.