Do I have genital herpes or something else?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I began to notice some small blisters on my vagina after having unprotected sex about 4 days. Firstly, I felt uncomfortable in the genitals, a sensation of tingling and burning occurred. Then, small blisters began appearing after one day of first feelings. These blisters are painful and burning, I also feel a little burning while urination. Is it herpes or something else. What should I do now?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Your symptoms sound like herpes. The important thing you need to do right now is getting tested. Don't panic if you're diagnosed with genital herpes

• Posted

thank you so much, I searched my symptoms on the internet and these could be herpes. I got tested yesterday and am waiting for results

• Posted

It could be genital herpes, but you still need to get tested for sure. A swab test may tell if you have this virus. It's better if you ask your sexual partner to get herpes tested, too. Maybe, he gave you this virus, or you could spread this virus to him. Getting tests and receiving treatment soon can help you to get rid of this infection fast. Ask your doctor about antiviral medications, such as acyclovir, valtrex, or prosurx. These treatments can help to ease your symptoms and prevent this virus from coming back.

• Posted

thank you for your reply, both of us got tested already and are waiting for results. It's terrible if I'm diagnosed with herpes.

• Posted

Your symptoms are typical of genital herpes. Go to the doctor and get the lesions swabbed and cultured ASAP.

• Posted

This does sound like herpes, but like shevon1412 says, don't freak out when you get tested.

• Posted

though I know every sexually active person has an equal chance of getting STD, it's terrible if I also get herpes because there's no cure for it. Treatments only help reduce the number of herpes outbreaks, not help me to completely get rid of it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.