Do I have herpes? (see pics)

Posted , 4 users are following.

So, alittle back ground info. For the last few days I've been very... whats the word- uncomfortable. My boyfriend whom I've been seeing for almost two months came over for the fourth time within the last two months (he lives two hours away) and per usual- we had sex... a lot of it. Unprotected and I am on the pill so he did ejaculate in me most times. I'm 20 and he's 22 btw. Well on the second last day I started noticing an extreme burning sensation from peeing post sex. I thought nothing of it, if anything I have had a history of UTIs and Yeast infections. That or the fact that I shaved everything down there and maybe I had a cut. If anything, it was that i thought. So the next day arrived and we were trying to have sex but this time it was painful to open my vagina lips and to even get him in. So, I just got more lubricated and eventually it was ok. A few hours later I noticed more of an excruciating feeling when peeing. This time it felt almost unbearable and I know it wasn't a uti because I was able to pee but the burning was just too much that I had to stop. So following up on that day, I noticed his penis tip had a bunch of irritation such as red dots on his tip and he complained that it bothered him. STILL NAIVE, I thought it was just rough sex and shrugged it off. That night he left home, and this is when I started experiencing chills and body aches. Almost like the ones you experience when you catch a cold. It was so bad, my back felt crippled and on top of that my vagina was sensitive. Now I do have hidradenitis suppurativa which causes cystic acne under my breasts, groin and under the armpits so given that I had stage 3, I figured that was the case when it came to the pain near my vagina. I felt maybe I was getting cysts due to stress, etc. Note that this disease is NOT contagious. Sooooooo, he left and I went home and went to sleep. Still oblivious. Fast forward to a couple days and nights of horrible chills and body aches, and on going vaginal pain, I took up the opportunity to go to the sexual health clinic only to find out they open every other Saturday and that will be next week. I went to urgent care in desperate need of a relief because at this point I'm certain and accepting that I caught herpes (bf and I had a discussion and it's still a shock but it was the relationship he had previously) and the amount of pain when peeing was unbearable even when diluting it with water, and the abdominal cramps, watery odourless dishcharge, and ofcourse I got my period on top of it all. It still wasn't a good enough reason to be main priority for the urgent care so they made me wait four hours only to realize something came up... awesome. So I called my family doctor and I'll be seeing her tomorrow... I can't sleep. I'm at the point now where I know what she's going to say because I match every horrible outbreak story out there. On top of my H.S. (hidradenitis suppurativa). Idk what to think. I need to put my mind at ease and tell me what you think. For the feeling, I feel a stinging near my anus and vaginal opening. I have these blisters everywhere and they are closed (one was open and looked like a crater). I have burning urination, so much discharge and lower pelvic cramps amongst chills, etc. this is getting ridiculous the amount of pain and discomfort I'm in. I can hardly sit down. Please give me advise on what to expect. I'm so lost rn. Btw my boyfriend went to get his red dots looked at and immedietpy the doctor said that it wasn't herpes and that he doesn't need to worry about it. He asked for a blood test and the doctor refused so I don't know what to think. Maybe I have given it to him or maybe it was from previous partners. It could be anything. Point is this is the worst outbreak ever and I need some relief and maybe some reassurance ... please. 

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Girl I'm going to be completely honest.. I know it's scary I went threw it but wait for the doctor to tell you what it is.. Everyone can tell you 1 thing but you might be fooled. I pray it's not for ya, but both you guys should go get tested the blood work can go back and tell if u had it before now. And if u have it now.. I pray its something small and be taken care of. Yes herpes is for life but there's medicine for it. Best of luck girl. Thing that scares me tho.. Is when does a doctor turn down blood work that is scary to think of..

• Posted

Your bf's doctor is a f#&(ing idiot. He needs to go else where and ask for testing and tell him to say he was exposed to it. The problem is, from what I've read it can take 3-6 months for antibodies to show on a result if he has no active lesions. You need to get swabbed and get igg blood test as well so you might see how recent your infection is.

These are all the exact symptoms I had and I also started showing symptoms within 2/3 days of unprotected sex.

Goodluck sweetie ??

• Posted

Right? I thought it was ridiculous. That was enough to convince him that he didn't have it. I tried explaining it to him and eventually (after several talks) he's going to get tested tomorrow even though he doesn't seem to have anything going on. Uhg, worries tf out of me but what can ya do. Thanks btw ??

• Posted

The doctors are uneducated and do not emphasize the importance of this life changing virus. And men like to be in denial when it comes to their health... My ex (who most likely gave this to me) hasn't gone to get tested yet because he doesn't feel like anything is wrong at all with him and hasn't showed any symptoms... Well after I threw down a quick brief list of facts i e 90% of carriers are asymptomatic and never show symptoms at all and are still just as capable of transmitting... 1 in 5 people have hsv-2...easier to transmit from male to female.. and just because you got one clean blood test doesn't mean s**t... Most people take three to six months to show... Lots of facts that if you don't dig the internet for, you wouldn't know anything about this. Best luck to you guys X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.