Do I have HSV1 on my Genitals?

Posted , 8 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity.

Hey there, 

I got diagnosed w/ HSV1 about a week ago. I slept with a girl about a month back who i didn't know very well, and I'm sure she passed the virus to me. 

In any case, I masturbated about two weeks ago and noticed a signifcant bump on my penile shaft the morning after. It was hard, red, and noticebale. However, it DID NOT blister, and actuallly got significantly smaller each day before dissapearing completely within 72 hours.  

I masturbated again two days ago, and again the bump appeared. Obviously, I'm nervous this is HSV1. I've scheduled an appointment with a dermatologist, but that's two weeks down the road. As such, I'm in desperated need of peace of mind. Below are photos of the bump. The first is from the first day, the second is from the day after.

I know diagnosing something online is difficult. But can this be a herpe sore if it goes away so fast AND doesn't blister?  It should also be known that the sore doesnt really hurt. It feels like a tiny pinch, but I can rub my finger on it without experiencing pain. 

Any help would be appreicated. Feel free to ask questions if you need clarification. Thank you so much!

0 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Well I'm going to tell you straight off the bat yes it is hsv 2

Two meaning of the genitals. They don't have to carry all the factors of a blister it's good that you don't have enough stress to make it come to a blister. And its good that you don't have any pain but did you have any itching at all because usually that's very embarrassing either way you still need to get to your doctor if you can't get to him now take three options throughout the day or more for a fever reducer , wash with a bacterial soap lightly and rinse thoroughly dab dry put on some neosporin plus pain relief and let it be for a while try not to get it into a hot place or hot clothes because he does make it red and make it worse

• Posted

Let me reiterate--I've already been tested. If anything, it's HSV1.

What about my sore has tipped you off to confirm its herpes?

• Posted

And to answer your question--no. No itching, tingling, pain, etc.
  • Posted

Out of interest, how were you diagnosed with (presumably oral) HSV-1? Did they also test you for HSV-2 at the same time? Just curious, that's all.

*If* the bump is herpes, then Type 1 does seem the most likely. While oral HSV-1 largely protects against subsequent genital HSV-1, there is a chance you could have acquired it in both locations at or around the same time.

Or that could just be a harmless (or at least non-herpetic) bump! Another guy on here (just the other day or so) had what really looked and sounded like genital herpes, but turns out it was just a staph infection from shaving.

• Posted

I was tested for both HSV 1 and 2. I'm 100% confident I do not have HSV2.

But, as you said, I could have contracted HSV1 both orally and genitally at the same time. This is my primary concern.

• Posted

Would be good if you could get down to an STD clinic or even a GP asap for a swab, preferably PCR, then you'll know for sure. Two weeks for the dermatologist is so long away! How's the bump now? Still the same?
    • Posted

The bump has decreased in size, but I can still feel it while rubbing my finger over it.

I wokld have gotten tested already if not for the face that I'm traveling for thanksgiving.

However, I'm gonna intentionally reaggrevated the bump by masturbating with the same lubricant that initially caused this mess.

Once fresh, I'm going to the clinic to get a swab.

I think more than anything I'm making myself sick by researching and reading forums. The bump has absolutely none of the symptoms associated with the virus other than being a red bump on a sexually accessible area. I can't find any photos online resembling the bump I currently have, yet everyone keeps saying that no two bumps are the same. I have none of the symptoms associated with a herpes sore (tingling, itching, etc.), yet the poster above takes one look at my photo and immediately confirms that it is herpes--which, I truly hope, is a determination backed up with evidence.

I'm just scared, frustrated and angry.

• Posted

Totally understand the manic Googling and your frustrations! Check your inbox.
    • Posted

I guess this is your first time sometimes the bumblebee very stubborn irritation will start like a volcano way down underneath remember this is nerve endings you're messing with parents would have been better if we did not mess with it here's the deal though everybody forget. You can be tested by blood you do not have to have a sore lesion or bump. Don't go crazy just realize that as an adult you have an adult decision to deal with. Not the thing that you want none of us wanted it didn't ask for it I can't say that well I hope your Thanksgiving was as lovely as can be God bless you let us know how you doing
    • Posted

Totally can relate to the making yourself sick with reading the forums. I can't seem to stay away though. I just want answers. 
    • Posted

I would not intentionally reactivate it believe me they will reactivate it for you at the clinic

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.