Do I have Hsv1 or Hsv2?

Posted , 2 users are following.

So I am very concerned that I might have been exposed to Hsv1 or Hsv2. I was going on dates around december of last year and I was kissing a girl and I’m not sure if she was telling me the truth or not. I was kissing her and she told me she had herpes. We did not have sex of any kind. I only kissed her. So from then on I stopped having any contact with her anymore and avoided her entirely. Around February to March of the next year I noticed tiny bumps on the corners of my lips and I was concerned that it was Herpes. I also was worried that it could be something else like fordyce spots or fungal or yeast infection. I had taken a IGg test for both types the beginning of May (5-6 months after the supposed first exposure to it) and my test results came back negative for both. Now I understand that I should have shown signs of antibodies through the test after 8 weeks. Is there a possibility that I was exposed by something she had spread with her body fluid and didn’t get exposed till a later date than December? If so how long should I consider my self clear of testing? When do stop worrying about being infected? I do plan on following up with another test this month making it just about 8 months from the first possible exposure.  Should this still be a concern at this point?

In need of serious advice about this. Please help!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hsv1 is spread through skin contact such as kissing, sharing utensils or drinks with someone, etc. Since you kissed a girl with the virus, it should be Hsv1. Be careful not to touch the infected spot or touch your eye directly after because it can spread to your eye, wash your hands always. Also, don't worry too much about it, if you did get it, you simply have to take care of yourself by putting on lip balm with SPF during the summer time, covering your face with a scarf in cold weather, and not get too stressed, which can trigger it. It usually lies dormant and breaks when triggered. Go through with the follow-up test and you don't need to do any more tests, it should be clear. 

I know you're scared, but life happens and you are taking the right measures, but don't become obsessed with the tests. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.