Do i have Hyperthyroidism? My lab results

Posted , 3 users are following.

I went for thyroid test on my own, and here are results: These are two months old

T3 is 1.58 ng/ml

T4 is 8.27 ug/dl

TSH is 4.07 uU/ML

I want to confirm before visiting a doctor. Some of you may have thyroid problem so do these symptoms indicate something. 

My symptoms:

1. I have frequent urination

2. My gut slope area feels dry and rough, and sometimes my voice changes specially when i talk alot or talk loud. This come and go away every week

3. I think my food is not digested properly, specially spices they are in bowl.

4. Rapid heatbeat sometimes along with loosing energy or no energy in my body. This happens sometime.

My Take:

1. Am i going towards something? 

2. It can be gut problem and appetite not working, but frequent urination and sometimes adrenaline issue. That worries me. 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I am 28 year old male, no bad habits, no alcohol, nothing. I dont eat outside food, i also have slight fever like pain in legs. The pain is not intense, but kind of like fever. It comes and go away every now and then. 
  • Posted

It is my throat that feels dry and rough. I wrote gut accidentally. 
  • Posted

What are the normal ranges for your blood work, as different labs can vary.  My thoughts by looking just at your numbers, is that it looks good.  It may be a little bit high, but depending on the times the labs are done, stress, foods, ect , they all can change our thyroid levels, which can make the labs look like they may be heading towards hypothyroidism, but it's really not.  Anyway.. please post the lab ranges so I may be able to clarify a bit better..

• Posted

Your symptoms are consistent with hypothyroidism and your labwork indicates subclinical hypothyroidism.

?Normal values can range:

TSH 0.5-5.0 uIU/mL  (the upper limit has been revised to 3.0 for some labs)

T4 5.0-12.0 ug/dl

?T3 70-132 ug/dl

?FT3 0.2-0.52 ng/dl

?Your slightly high TSH and slightly low T4 are within normal range but high and low within the range and it's the T3 level that correlates best with symptoms

• Posted

Your T3 seems really off depending on your specific lab determined normal range.  I wonder if an infection or stress has lowered your ability to convert T4 to T3 temporarily.   You may want to try a selenium, iodine supplement and methyl- B12.
  • Posted

No.. your lab work does not indicate subclinical hypothyroidism.  Subclinical hypothyroidism is diagnosed when your TSH is high but your T4 and T3 is normal.. which you have neither.   As I said earlier, everyone's TSH can vary throughout the day.  A child's TSH is normally higher and will actually come up out of range most of the time.  If you go to your GP and them that you have subclinical hypothyroidism, they would probably think your crazy.  Your labs look fine, but if you want to make sure, you need to get a Tgab and Tpo antibody tests.  These test will tell you if you may possibly go on to develop hypothyroidism.. and that's a possibly, as not everyone with Hashimoto's will develop hypothyroidism.  Also, get your Vitamin D checked, as this can cause symptoms of hypothyroidism and is very common.  Oh.. and rapid heart beat is not a symptom of hypothyroidism, but of hyperthyroidism.  You mention hyperthyroidism in your post, but hyperthyroidism is when your TSH is low and hypothyroidism is when your TSH is high.  It's opposite from one another.  Again.. your labs look fine.  Best wishes...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.