Do I have IBS or a parasite?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm 19 and have been suffering worsening G.I. symptoms. I mostly suffer from strained bowels. I am also extremely fatigued, and often get realky nauseous. I wake up with the urge to poop but cannot until i eat breakfast and drink coffee. After that, I have to go immediately.

Even when I need to go, its always a struggle passing my stool. It can be soft stool, diarrhea, etc, but I'd still have a hard time passing it. I never feel like I've completely emptied my bowels. The only time I can get anything out is in the mornings, after that it's back and forth to the bathroom, and I suffer with constipation for the rest of the day.

Ive been to the doctor, and did a colonoscopy and upper endoscopy, everything normal. I also did two stool samples on separate occasions, and nothing was found. I dont consume dairy, and have been tested for gluten intolerance. I took a breath test for SIBO, it came back positive, took the meds, but it didnt work. My doc thinks its IBS, but i have seen weird things in my stool that concerns me. I have attached pictures. Its a blurry picture (turn brightness up to see better) but its quite long if you look closely. I want to think its just undigested food, but why is it long, and whitish yellow in the end? I have yet to show this to my doc, but im sure she'll just tell me its all in my head. I could also swear that ive seen a small white worm, like rice, sticking out of my stool once. It looked like it was moving.

What do you guys think, am i being paranoid?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I also have IBS and it looks like you are passing mucous which is to be expected. I'm not sure if there is something else there too. I hate that the doctors just say IBS without digging for the answers we need. Have you taken a stool test? There aren't always accurate either.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.