Do I have kidney failure?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi 3 months ago I use protein dust and I'm afraid of kidney failure..I made a test a month ago. Creatinin 1,1 Creatin kinaz (CK): 131, Üre 31,3 , GFR:93 . The results are normal, but can they be detected early? Can it be detected early on? 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Andrew,

It's unclear to me from reading your post whether the data you shared came from a renal panel run through a formal lab or some home test kit of some sort. If the data is from a formal lab test, you should go back to the doctor who ordered the test for an explanation of the results. If it was a home test kit of some sort and you are really concerned about your renal function, you should schedule an appointment with your primary care physician to discuss the situation.

I will say that many patients in Stage v renal failure who have difficulty eating meat protein do incorporate protein powder into their diets. But they do this under the direction of a renal dietician. My point is that when used correctly protein powder very likely does not cause CKD.  But high protein diets may be problematic for at least some individuals. So, again, since none of us participating in this forum are medical professionals, I'd encourage you to set an appointment with your primary care physician to discuss this issue and your overall health.

Marj

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.